Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Angry This Is Some Major Bs!!!

Officers Could Face Murder Charges in Georgia Shootout Updated: February 8th, 2007 01:49 PM EDT E-mail Story Print Story Most Read Most Emailed By GREG BLUESTEIN Associated Press Writer Prosecutors intend to seek murder charges against three Atlanta police officers involved in the shooting death of a 92-year-old woman in her home, according to a letter sent to an attorney for one of the officers. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard sent a letter that said he will ask a grand jury on Feb. 26 to deliver a murder indictment against officers Gregg Junnier, J.R. Smith and Arthur Tesler, said Rand Csehy, Junnier's attorney. Kathryn Johnston died and three officers were wounded in the Nov. 21 shootout when police used a no-knock warrant to search for drugs in Johnston's northwest Atlanta home. When officers entered her home without first announcing their presence, police say Johnston fired a handgun and officers returned fire, killing her. An autopsy concluded she was shot five or six times. Narcotics officers said an informant had claimed there was cocaine in the home, but none was found. A copy of the letter obtained by The Associated Press said that prosecutors would ask the grand jury to indict Junnier on charges of felony murder, as well as counts of violation of oath, burglary, criminal solicitation, aggravated assault and false imprisonment. "I expect an acquittal across the board," Csehy said. "I don't think there's any evidence supporting any of these charges." A spokeswoman for Howard declined to comment on the letter. A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office, Patrick Crosby, said his office and the FBI have not been contacted by Howard's office "regarding the issuance of such notices." John Garland, an attorney for Smith, declined to comment on the letter, while William McKenney, an attorney for Tesler, did not immediately return several calls to his office seeking comment. Junnier, 40, was hit in the leg, the face and his bulletproof vest in the shootout. Two other officers also suffered bullet wounds, one in the leg and one in the arm. The shooting has brought renewed scrutiny to the police use of no-knock warrants, with which officers are allowed to raid homes where criminal activity is suspected without first announcing their presence. ___
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sooo.....what did they do wrong?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    What they did wrong was shoot a senior citizen minority in a race filled anti-white city. Fucking ridiculous. And departments wonder why they can't find cops to fill the positions they have.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Sooo.....what did they do wrong?
    What they did wrong was shoot a senior citizen minority in a race filled anti-white city. Fucking ridiculous. And departments wonder why they can't find cops to fill the positions they have.
    The ajc.com reports....

An Atlanta police narcotics officer has told federal investigators at least one member of his unit lied about making a drug buy at the home of an elderly woman killed in a subsequent raid, according to a person close to the investigation.

In an affidavit to get a search warrant at the home Nov. 21, narcotics officer Jason R. Smith told a magistrate he and Officer Arthur Tesler had a confidential informant buy $50 worth of crack at 933 Neal St. from a man named "Sam."

But narcotics officer Gregg Junnier, who was wounded in the shootout, has since told federal investigators that did not happen, according to the person close to the investigation. Police got a no-knock warrant after claiming that "Sam" had surveillance cameras outside the Neal Street residence and they needed the element of surprise to capture him and the drugs.

The resident at the home, Kathryn Johnston, who is reported to be either 88 or 92, was startled by the sound of her burglar-bar door being battered in, and she fired her revolver at the officers. She was killed and three officers were wounded by gunfire or shrapnel.

Buddy Parker, a former federal prosecutor, said that officers who lied to the magistrate could face serious charges in addition to making false statements to a judge.

"If that was the case, you have a conspiracy," said Parker. "If you have a warrantless entry, you have no legal investigation. It can be either conscious disregard for the law and all conduct flowing from that is criminal the entry, the homicide. It's no different from people going in to rob a bank and kill someone in a shooting."
    Dont lie when obtaining a warrant is always sound advice.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    An Atlanta police narcotics officer has told federal investigators at least one member of his unit lied about making a drug buy at the home of an elderly woman killed in a subsequent raid, according to a person close to the investigation.

In an affidavit to get a search warrant at the home Nov. 21, narcotics officer Jason R. Smith told a magistrate he and Officer Arthur Tesler had a confidential informant buy $50 worth of crack at 933 Neal St. from a man named "Sam."

But narcotics officer Gregg Junnier, who was wounded in the shootout, has since told federal investigators that did not happen, according to the person close to the investigation. Police got a no-knock warrant after claiming that "Sam" had surveillance cameras outside the Neal Street residence and they needed the element of surprise to capture him and the drugs.

The resident at the home, Kathryn Johnston, who is reported to be either 88 or 92, was startled by the sound of her burglar-bar door being battered in, and she fired her revolver at the officers. She was killed and three officers were wounded by gunfire or shrapnel.

Buddy Parker, a former federal prosecutor, said that officers who lied to the magistrate could face serious charges in addition to making false statements to a judge.

"If that was the case, you have a conspiracy," said Parker. "If you have a warrantless entry, you have no legal investigation. It can be either conscious disregard for the law and all conduct flowing from that is criminal — the entry, the homicide. It's no different from people going in to rob a bank and kill someone in a shooting."
    wow... thats a pretty shitty situation...
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

vicat777 is offline Gang Detective/SWAT Sniper
    My understanding of this case is that after the proverbial "Shit hit the fan", they called their informant and told him to say that he purchased the cocaine from the residence if asked. And of course, since most CI's are shitbags themselves, he folded under questioning and admitted to lying also. I personally hate to see any officer's indicted, but I don't understand the logic of faking a search warrant. My father was a homicide detective for Atlanta PD for 28 years before he died (natural causes) while still on active duty. Atlanta is a great city and a great police department, which has now had it's reputation tarnished by a few over eager narcotics detectives. Hopefully the truth will be revealed in this case.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Yes, racial elements have clouded the story. And yes it's been an easily used "bad cop story" for months, even long before any facts came out. I get that. I get how grating this shooting is, and how it's been portrayed.

I just ask before you comment on this one, given what's now known (in this case, always a moving target), you take some pause. What would you have that woman do when her home was invaded?

I get the officers returning fire when fired upon. I'm civi as you can get and I get that. When your door is kicked in what do you do?
    Last edited by BEB; 02-13-07 at 06:34 AM.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm only slightly familiar with this case. If there had to be all this lying to get a warrant for the house then why hit the house in the first place? Is there a possibility the civilian was a target for something else or was there actually narcotics activity they just couldn't prove? Just curious. Sounds like these officers might be headed to an indictment. Wow.
    Before you know it there won't be any no knock warrants and we'll be having a picnic on the perp's porch waiting for them to come to the door. (after the flush)
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information