Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jackalope is offline Yell O

Congressman Ellison calls Police on Congressman Tancredo for Smoking Complaint

Rep. Ellison calls the cops to snuff Tancredo’s cigar

By Betsy Rothstein

Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) believes it is his right as a Muslim to be sworn into Congress with the Quran. But apparently, the freshman lawmaker doesn’t believe it’s Rep. Tom Tancredo’s (R-Colo.) right to smoke a cigar in his congressional office.

Ellison’s office called the Capitol Hill Police on Tancredo last Wednesday night as Tancredo was in his office smoking a cigar. The lawmakers have neighboring offices on the first floor of the Longworth House Office Building.

Tancredo was still stunned a day later. “It’s very bizarre,” said Tancredo, who has never met Ellison. “Seemed to me not a good way to say hello.”

And let’s face it. Calling the cops on a colleague takes the cake for the nerviest behavior so far among members of this year’s freshman class of Congress.

This is how it all went down. On Wednesday evening, around 6 p.m., Tancredo was preparing for his trip to Mississippi. And as he so often does, he was unwinding with a cigar.

Soon enough, however, a police officer walked in to check on the smoke. The officer told Tancredo that the officer came because he was required to do so and not because the officer wanted to. The officer had already told Ellison that Tancredo was permitted to smoke in his office. The visit was more a formality.

Tancredo said he would not stop smoking in his office. “Heck, no!” he said. “If he [Ellison] would have [had] the courtesy to say something I’m sure I would have been more accommodating to his wishes.”

To help keep his office free of impurities, Tancredo has three air purifiers. And he has no plans to meet Ellison anytime soon. “I’m sure we will, but I’m not going to make a point [of it],” the presidential hopeful said, adding that he supported Ellison’s right to be sworn in with the Quran.

Ellison’s press secretary, Rick Jauert, made the call to the Superintendent’s office when he noticed the smoke. “I called because the smoke was coming through the walls,” Jauert said, adding that the Superintendent’s office referred him to the Capitol Police.

Jauert said he then informed his boss what he had done. He said “fine,” Jauert said. “He’s complained of the smoke before.”
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Ellison needs the shit slapped out of him. Typical political childish assholes. Just think, these asshats run our country.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Ellison is a little Bitch.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Scary that these people run our country It really makes you think.

Apparently someone should sit down with Jauert and Ellison and explain to them how it is important that they can perform basic human functions, like interact and be around other congressmen. If Ellison is that scared or his people skills suck that bad, that he can't approach Tancredo in a polite and civil manner, then he doesn't need to be in congress.

No wonder we're having the problems we are in this country. You've got congressman calling the police on each other for legally smoking a cigarette in his office. Fucking idiots.

DirtRoadDeputy is offline La-Z-Boy Test Pilot
    Fuck Ellison. Smoking a cigar is not police business.
    Last edited by DirtRoadDeputy; 02-15-07 at 03:28 PM.
    Speeder: Why don't you give me a warning instead of a ticket.
    DirtRoadDeputy: Your RADAR detector was your warning!

Copper51 is offline Up all night
    I hate that this guy is from Minnesota. It makes us all look bad, but then politics suck in this state anyways. At least he isn't from my district.

Typical bleeding heart liberal that thinks the police are there so he can waist their time by crying about his little problems that aren't crimes. If I had an office next to his, I would have a cigar going 24/7 just to piss the moron off.
    The statements and opinions made here are of Copper51's only. They do not reflect my department or the city I work for.
    So lay off, I'm offduty and spouting off.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Wait till Al Franken becomes Minnesota's Senator! He'll get so much more material for his comedy act!

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith758 View Post
    Ellison is a little Bitch.

I couldnt have said it better...

Rep inbound
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

Thread Information