Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO

Ohio teen shoots another teen at a hospital

MANSFIELD, Ohio (AP) -- A 14-year-old boy chased down a 15-year-old boy and shot him in the face at the entrance to a hospital's emergency room, where the victim immediately sought treatment, authorities said Monday.

The suspect was tackled by a hospital security guard and placed in handcuffs as he tried to follow the victim inside, said Cindy Jakubick, a spokeswoman for MedCentral/Mansfield Hospital.

The victim was treated at the hospital and then flown by helicopter to Columbus Children's Hospital, where he was in critical condition Sunday night, Jakubick said.

A nursing supervisor in Columbus said Monday she couldn't release more information without the boy's name, which wasn't disclosed by police.

The suspect, whose name wasn't released, was being held in a juvenile detention facility, Mansfield police Sgt. Ken Coontz said. Charges likely won't be filed until Tuesday because of the Presidents Day holiday.

Jakubick said a hospital employee heard several teenage boys arguing near the street, and the altercation then moved toward the hospital in this city about 60 miles northeast of Columbus.

The 15-year-old boy apparently punched the 14-year-old in the face and tried to flee, then was shot once in the right cheek by a .22-caliber semiautomatic handgun, Coontz said.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    What the hell is wrong with kids today?! When I was 14 I was thinking about my future car and chasing girls, not chasing kids down with a gun in my hands. I hope this punk gets treated like an adult when his sorry ass goes to court.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Copper51 is offline Up all night
    Kids with guns and commiting violent crimes seems to be the trend. Our robberies skyrocketed last year. Groups of 15-20 year olds would walk the streets and jack innocent people. Assaults and weapon offenses are also on the rise with the same age group. Seems like we are always chaseing the same kids around. We arrest them and they are back out doing the same the next week.
    The statements and opinions made here are of Copper51's only. They do not reflect my department or the city I work for.
    So lay off, I'm offduty and spouting off.

Thread Information