Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Prince Harry Demands to Serve with Combat Unit If Deployed to Iraq..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252824,00.html

I've changed my opinion of Prince Harry, who I previously thought was a royal brat. Even though he probably won't serve in combat, he has proven that he's got guts.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteda View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252824,00.html

I've changed my opinion of Prince Harry, who I previously thought was a royal brat. Even though he probably won't serve in combat, he has proven that he's got guts.
    Or makes a public statement like this but in private screams "you better keep me safe!"

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Good on him.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Man View Post
    Or makes a public statement like this but in private screams "you better keep me safe!"
    Even if he doesn't serve a day of combat, the fact that he's in the military, when he could've been a playboy is good enough for me.
    What his intentions were in making the statement, I don't know, as having been in the army myself, I don't try to read between the lines when another military man makes a statement.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I can't believe the government would try to stop him. Historically, people became royalty by kicking the ass of everyone that challenged them. Wouldn't you want to prove what a badass your (future) king is?
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    I can't believe the government would try to stop him. Historically, people became royalty by kicking the ass of everyone that challenged them. Wouldn't you want to prove what a badass your (future) king is?
    They wouldnt. Read up on Prince Andrew and his exploits during the Falklands dust up. The man has some serious big brass ones.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

eMachine is offline Ret. Lt w/no class
    He isn't first in line or second .... let him go if that's what he wants. If you aren't willing to fight for your country, you certainly should never be in charge of it.
    "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." - Gener Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    From Wiki about Prince Andrew....

In 2 April 1982 the British colony of the Falkland Islands was invaded by Argentina, an event that led to the Falklands War. Prince Andrew's ship, HMS Invincible was one of only two operational aircraft carriers available to the Royal Navy, and as such was to play a major role in the Royal Navy taskforce being assembled to sail south to retake the islands.

At first the British government were apprehensive of allowing Prince Andrew to remain on Invincible, and wished to move him to a desk job. The prospect of the son of the Queen being killed in action was a possibility, and the government wished to avoid such a circumstance. However, the Queen insisted that Prince Andrew be allowed to remain with his ship, and so he joined the Invincible as it sailed south, as a Sea King helicopter co-pilot.

Throughout the conflict Prince Andrew flew on various missions, including Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and Anti-Surface Warfare search (ASUW), as well as acting as an Exocet missile decoy; a hitherto secret tactic which the Prince inadvertently revealed to journalists after the war.[citation needed] He also helped in casualty evacuation, transport and Search and Air Rescue (SAR). When the conflict ended, and Invincible returned to Portsmouth, the Queen and Prince Philip joined other families of the crew to welcome the vessel home.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Prince Harry is third in line to the throne and is just a normal lad. He was in the same class at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst with my son. He did everything that everyone else did, with no favours or help. The only thing different for him was that his police protection officers were with him on the runs and exercises (on overwatch). They still are. The biggest concern about him serving in conflict, is that our pond scum press may release pictures and details of where he is. Which would put his men under greater risk than normal! His brother Prince William (2nd in line) is in the same regiment and is likely to go to Northern Ireland later this year.

I've protected both of them.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Hawk1 is offline Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, good on him. Let his get out amongst it.
    "Contrary to popular belief, you will not rise to the occasion, but will fall to the level of your training"

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eMachine View Post
    He isn't first in line or second .... let him go if that's what he wants. If you aren't willing to fight for your country, you certainly should never be in charge of it.
    Is he going to be in charge of Britain? I guess maybe after Tony Blair they'll want to reinstate the monarchy.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    I think its a bad deal for everyone serving with him. He would be a good target to take out and anyone around him working with him would also be in danger. Good for him that he wants to do that but bad for the others that are gonna have a big target on their heads now more than before

Thread Information