Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Thumbs up Senior Citizens Foil Muggers

Vacationing American seniors fight off muggers, killing one

ASSOCIATED PRESS and REUTERS

February 23, 2007

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica – A tour group of American senior citizens fought off muggers in Costa Rica, killing one of the assailants, police said.

The tourists' bus was held up by three men armed with a gun and knife in the coastal town of Limon after the group arrived on a cruise ship Wednesday, said Limon police chief Luis Hernández.
    He said a retired U.S. Marine, who officials estimated was in his 70s, put one of the attackers – age 20 – in a headlock and apparently broke his neck. The other assailants fled and the tourists drove the injured man to the Red Cross, where he was declared dead.

Authorities said the tourists had a right to defend themselves and filed no charges against them. They left on their cruise ship after the incident.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    The repost police have caught another perp!

http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ad.php?t=13514
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    i guess its true what they say, although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, senior citizens can still serve a purpose...dont you go dying on me now
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Thread Information