Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO

Woman upgraded after dying in coach

Woman upgraded after dying in coach
    Woman upgraded after dying in economy during flight from Delhi to London

Reuters
    Updated: 2:49 p.m. ET March 19, 2007

LONDON - A passenger in first class woke up to a shock when he found himself sitting near a corpse on a British Airways flight, British newspapers reported on Monday.

Paul Trinder, 54, said cabin crew moved the body of the elderly woman from the economy section where she had died after take-off, the Mirror and Sun tabloids said.

"The corpse was strapped into the seat but because of turbulence it kept slipping down on to the floor," Trinder, a businessman, was quoted as saying. "It was horrific. The body had to be wedged in place with lots of pillows."

The woman's daughter was also upgraded and spent the rest of the nine-hour flight from Delhi to London grieving next to her dead mother, the Sun reported.

The Guardian newspaper said the incident happened last week.

British Airways has apologized for any distress suffered, according to the reports. The Mirror quoted BA as saying: "We apologize, but our crew were working in difficult circumstances and chose the option they thought would cause least disruption."

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17683917/?GT1=9145

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I heard she was just dying to fly first class...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Don't really see what other option they had, it's not like they could lock her in a restroom or stuff her in cargo, and as there was no help for her (she was already dead, after all) then making an emergency landing in a foreign country wouldn't have helped much, either. And I doubt that there's much in the way of privacy screens even in first class.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    I figure if it's a full flight and she keeled over next to me then it's my bad luck to be sitting next to her, but I'd be pissed if I had a seat that was not next to her and they moved her next to me. Especially if she was in coach and I paid extra for 1st class then had to sit next to her after they moved her.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Often corpses make unpleasant smells and release unpleasant fluids upon death. I.E. They release their bowels/bladders. That is fucking gross.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information