Welcome to the APBWeb.
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

POS Ex-Cop leads police on ANOTHER high speed chase...this time he kills two.

This is un-fucking-believable. Some might ask why this guy was even out on the streets? The cops here in CO know that this situation is not uncommon. Fuck this piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    CLIFTON - A Wheat Ridge man with a previous record has been charged with the murder of two teens after he crashed into their car on Interstate 70 while trying to escape state troopers.

According to the Colorado State Patrol, 42-year-old Patrick Strawmatt was driving erratically Thursday night along I-70 in Clifton. After receiving a report of this, police responded. Strawmatt then gestured inappropriately to the responding officers and fled, reaching speeds of 120 miles per hour.

At the same time, two 19-year-olds were driving along I-70 in a Saturn. Strawmatt's 4 Runner hit the teens' vehicle from behind forcing it to roll several times. Both teens were ejected.

The two teens, Jennifer Kois of Brighton and Jacob Brock of Eagle, were taken to St. Mary's Hospital where they were both pronounced dead.

Officers say it took the help of fire crews and over 30 minutes for Strawmatt to be pulled from his vehicle. He was also taken to St. Mary's Hospital where he was treated for what appeared to moderate injuries.

Strawmatt has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder, four counts of vehicular homicide, driving under the influence and several other charges.

Kois' family released a statement on Friday afternoon:

"First and foremost the Kois/VonFeldt family would like to express their deepest condolences to the Brock family on their tragic loss. We understand your pain and we are here for you," said the statement from Peter and Liane VonFeldt.

"Jennifer and Jake were a special couple. Even though they dated just a short time, you could see the love they had for each other in their eyes. These were two special kids who enjoyed spending their time together, with friends and family. They will both be truly, truly missed."

"We believe that this was not an accident, but a deliberate act of violence in the senseless deaths of two innocent young people."

"With the history of Patrick Strawmatt's criminal past, we can only hope and pray that he is punished to the fullest extent of the law, keeping him off the streets and not endangering other innocent people."

9Wants To Know has learned that Strawmatt was involved in another high speed chase last month where he was allegedly drunk.

Park County Sherrif Fred Wegener tells 9NEWS that on February 15 he encountered Strawmatt in an altercation after a high speed chase.

Wegener says Strawmatt led deputies on the chase where he appeared to be drunk. Wegener tried to pull him over.

Strawatt would not stop and Wegener pulled in front of him in an effort to stop him. He says Strawmatt then drove his car into the sheriff's car causing $2,000 worth of damage.

As deputies were trying to get Strawmatt out of his car, Wegener says Strawmatt punched him in the face.

"I went into unlock the car, reached in to unseat belt Mr. Strawmatt when he punched me in the face," Wegener told 9NEWS.

In that case, the Park County District Attorney charged Strawmatt with eluding police, second degree assault on a police officer, resisting arrest, driving without a license and DUI.

"It sounds like in this episode that Mr. Strawmatt again, when he saw the lights and siren refused to pull over. It sounds like he had all sorts of opportunity's to pull over and refused," said Wegener about Thursday night's crash.

According to the Lafayette Police Department, Strawmatt is a former officer. He worked there from January 1987 to November 1994.

Kois' family also said: "She was a great girl who loved children. She was going to Mesa State College to be a child psychologist. She loved her family and friends very much and they loved her. She was a friend to all. This should have never happened to such a great girl. She will be missed very much. Our statement to each other has always been and will always be I love you FAD, which means Forever and A Day."
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=66842
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    This is un-fucking-believable. Some might ask why this guy was even out on the streets? The cops here in CO know that this situation is no uncommon. Fuck this piece of shit.
    I totally agree
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Fuck him and ten mother fuckers that look like him.

(I've been waiting to use that line! )

"Stupid should hurt."

BabyGirl is offline Rookie
    All I will say is I can't understand how someone who used to be an officer, turned into such an uncaring ass.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl View Post
    All I will say is I can't understand how someone who used to be an officer, turned into such an uncaring ass.
    He's the sort of person who probably joined for all the wrong reasons.

Does anyone know why he left ?

Also as a point of law in that state it appears from the story that the defendant has been charged with the two murders and four counts of vehicular homicide how does that work?

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard Dave View Post
    The ones who join for all the wrong reasons are the ones who make the news.

Everyone, civilian and LEO alike, suffer from those fools.

What I don't get is people who can't see beyond the fools. One of many things I like about LEF is the lack of blinders. This is the first place I saw this story.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard Dave View Post

Does anyone know why he left ?

Also as a point of law in that state it appears from the story that the defendant has been charged with the two murders and four counts of vehicular homicide how does that work?
    I was wondering the very same thing.........

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Fuck him and ten mother fuckers that look like him.

(I've been waiting to use that line! )
    Sounds good enuff for me.
    Fuk him and 20 Mofos AND the fukin horse he rode in on...
    Fuckin ex cop, no he was a puke who happened to have carried a badge..
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    According to the Lafayette Police Department, Strawmatt is a former officer. He worked there from January 1987 to November 1994.
    Who gives a rat's ass? I am an ex-shoe shine boy at a Baton Rouge barbershop, so fu@king what?

Oh, wait.. the story wouldn't be complete unless we took a shot at the police before we finish it...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

elkoholic is offline elkoholic
    it seems every state experiences the same shit. Keep arresting these dirt bags and keep letting them out. This guy, cop or no cop, should have been in jail for a long time for the first time he eluded and punched the sheriff. As long as we have lawyers dirt bags will continue to walk among us to commit crimes. All we can hope for is a good out come and knowing what we did was right.

Thread Information