Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

Police introduce 24-hour patrols

A new neighbourhood policing scheme in west London is the first in the country to provide round-the-clock police patrols in parts of its borough.
    Hammersmith & Fulham will spend 1.5m for the teams covering Fulham Broadway and Shepherds Bush town centres.

More than 30 hand-picked police officers will be on patrol from next month tackling anti-social behaviour.

It follows the murder of Kodjo Yenga, 16, who was stabbed to death in Hammersmith 10 days ago.

Michael Wallace from the Oswald Stoll Mansions Residents Association in Fulham said: "We get a lot of problems around here in the early hours of the morning.
    "Some people are frightened to leave their homes because of the gangs and drunks around the place. Hopefully the 24/7 neighbourhood policing will stop the rowdiness."

Each town centre will have its own team made up of a dedicated and accountable police inspector managing five sergeants, 10 police constables and 15 police community support officers.

"Residents want protection and they want it round the clock," said Hammersmith & Fulham councillor Greg Smith.

"And now, working with the Met, we are the first council in the UK to provide police with funding to put local patrols on the streets, day and night, every day of the year."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6491323.stm

Talk about spin and reinventing the wheel you might of thought that London didn't have 24/7 policing before. Response police work 24/7 the trouble is they don't have time to deal with the whims of local councillors and to bother youths who are out on the street but not committing crimes

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Dang thats kinda weird I guess, to hear that our fellow officers across the water do not patrol on a 24 hour basis. Intersting to know.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001 View Post
    Dang thats kinda weird I guess, to hear that our fellow officers across the water do not patrol on a 24 hour basis. Intersting to know.
    Of course they patrol 24/7!! What the Council is doing is paying for extra patrols for their own bit of London.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    The Oregon State Police does not have 24 hour patrols. Apparently crime stops at 2:00 a.m. out here.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    The Oregon State Police does not have 24 hour patrols. Apparently crime stops at 2:00 a.m. out here.
    actually, thats just because oregon's so boring...about the only thing youve got goin for you out there is the "trail", and the fact that they made a 2nd grade video game for it on the old apple computer with the black screen and green lettering. remember that, the oregon trail computer game? that was money back in the day. my wagon always got raided by indians. those pesky indians.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    First of all, that game was also made for PC. So get your facts straight.

And second, the reason our cops go home at the same time the bars close is because our politicians think it's more important to pay for health care for illegal aliens than it is to pay for cops.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Thread Information