Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: shes back

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO

shes back

MOTHER CALLS ARREST RETRIBUTION FOR PROTESTS ...
    Monday March 26th 2007 6:42 AM
    ... Police deny that charges are connected to dirt-bike arrest of woman's 7-year-old son ...

By Sara Neufeld
    Sun Reporter

March 26, 2007

Baltimore police yesterday rejected allegations by a woman who says she was the victim of retaliation for her public protests over the arrest of her 7-year-old son.

The boy, Gerard Mungo Jr., was arrested March 13 for riding a dirt bike outside his home in the 2100 block of E. Federal St. - an incident that attracted national attention and prompted an apology by Mayor Sheila Dixon.

Then on Saturday, Gerard's mother was arrested, too. Lakisa Dinkins, 31, was charged with hindering a police investigation into an apparent drug deal.

Over the past week, Dinkins publicly criticized the way the Police Department handled her son's case at a rally outside City Hall and at a news conference with mayoral candidate Andrey Bundley. Early Saturday afternoon, she appeared at a second rally outside her home, sponsored by the Baltimore branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

When Saturday's rally was over, Dinkins said in an interview yesterday, she went to visit her sister in the 2200 block of Prentiss Place shortly after 4 p.m. Her sister's 18-year-old son left the house to catch a cab when a man ran after him with a gun, she said. He turned out to be an undercover police officer.

Dinkins said her nephew ran back into the house and locked the door, telling the 10 relatives inside that someone was trying to rob him. Two undercover officers began kicking at the door, forcing it open.

Matt Jablow, a police spokesman, gave a different account.

He said officers observed a young man "engaged in illegal drug activity," and when they approached him, "he took off running. ... He ran into the house."

Inside, Dinkins said, an officer held a gun to the head of Dinkins' older son, who is 14, telling him to get off the telephone. She said she was trying to calm her sister when an officer asked who she was. Her sister said Dinkins was the mother of the arrested 7-year-old.

Then, Dinkins alleges, the officer grabbed her by the back of her jacket and slammed her down into a dining room chair.

"I told him to get his hands off," Dinkins said. "Once they realized who I was, they took action."

Jablow said the officers had "absolutely no idea who this woman was, none whatsoever." He denied Dinkins' account that an officer used physical force against her.

"They warned her several times, calmly and politely, to calm down and stay seated on the couch, and she refused, loudly and abusively," said Jablow, adding that Dinkins made racial slurs and cursed at one of the officers, who is white. Dinkins denied the allegation.

Police didn't find drugs in the house, and no one else was arrested. Dinkins was transported first to the Police Department's Eastern District and then to the Central Booking and Intake Center, where she was released about 10:30 p.m.

Jablow said prosecutors judged the crime to be "abated by arrest," meaning police had probable cause to arrest her but that no more jail time was warranted.

sara.neufeld@baltsun.com
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR COMING IN: 3...2...1...

That lady sounds crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    sounds likes she be from memphis

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Naa, she sounds like a media attention whore, with a bad family.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information