Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

Enough is clearly enough....

I understand getting bent out of shape when one of your guys gets hooked for possession, assault or DUI...but this? Come on!

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, already facing possible NFL punishment for problems with the law, has been cited by Cincinnati police on three traffic charges including driving with a suspended license.

Henry
    Henry also was ticketed for an alleged improper turn and seat belt violation. His vehicle was impounded after he was stopped March 21, and he paid $100 to retrieve it Monday, court records show. Court action is pending.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan released a statement Tuesday from the team that said, "While the incident involved a minor traffic matter, the club is frustrated that the issue arose at all. ... Chris's overall future with our team can be determined only after this and other pending matters are resolved by the NFL."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said this week that a tougher player conduct policy should be in place before the April 28-29 draft. Henry, suspended for two games by the NFL last season, could face more punishment after settling the last of his earlier four court cases by serving two days in Kenton County (Ky.) jail in January. That was for letting minors drink in a hotel room he had rented.

Henry is among nine Bengals players arrested in less than a year. He had four arrests in 14 months, including marijuana possession, a weapon charge, and a drunken-driving count that resulted in a guilty plea to reckless operation of a vehicle.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    "He had four arrests in 14 months, including marijuana possession, a weapon charge, and a drunken-driving count that resulted in a guilty plea to reckless operation of a vehicle."
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by vengeance05 View Post
    "He had four arrests in 14 months, including marijuana possession, a weapon charge, and a drunken-driving count that resulted in a guilty plea to reckless operation of a vehicle."
    I think I've had 4 arrests in the last 14 months too. 2 for DWI, 1 for robbery, and 1 for criminal mischief.

But wait, I was the AO, not the perp.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    you would think anytime he is contacted by the cops and not arrested, he'd get a raise
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sports persona's are over rated and overpaid. He can afford it.
    I'm not surprised when athletes are found violating, it's when they found not violating I'm surprised!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    I'm not surprised when athletes are found violating, it's when they found not violating I'm surprised!
    Sadly, I know many who have the same general opinion of cops. Haven't found a way to change their opinions yet.

Join LEF, talk to cops, meet some and see both sides - that's the best suggestion I have at this point.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Media caters to ratings.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    They want ATTENTION I'm telling you. ATTENTION!!!! And of course we are giving it to them! LOL YeeHaw! Go LEF!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxymomma50 View Post
    They want ATTENTION I'm telling you. ATTENTION!!!! And of course we are giving it to them! LOL YeeHaw! Go LEF!
    Cocaine is a helluva drug.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I recently worked a traffic crash involving the world's second fastest man (in the 100 meter). The guy is a former LSU football standout, current celebrity, and is now a member of the Nike track and field team. He wrecked a (loaned) Range Rover, leaving the scene of the crash immediately afterward. Turned out this incident was his third totalled luxury vehicle in about two months.

I had the opportunity to meet him (he returned to the scene after I spoke with him on his cellular phone warning him that I would issue a warrant if he didn't). I even got his autograph (on the bottom of a uniform summons for careless operation of a motor vehicle and failure to report a traffic crash). He was so smashed, I had to wake hiim up to sign it. (Of course, he only got that way after he left the crash, so he said).

I think about Warrick Dunn, another professional celebrity athelete and the son of Police Corporal Betty Smothers, who was killed in 1993 in the line of duty, and how Warrick has done such an awesome job upholding and sharing his values and honoring his mother's memory. (I knew her, she was a wonderful and gracious woman).

The contrast between these two speaks volumes, and teaches a profound lesson. Success in itself is not salvation. To the foolish it is merely an acceleration of self-destruction.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post
    Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Nah. Don't need it! I'm just silly like that when I really really need sleep! LOL But hey...people luvme anyway!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Thread Information