Welcome to the APBWeb.
    phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

New arrest made in Sean Bell casePolice: Arrest has to do with 11th hour witness

New arrest made in Sean Bell casePolice: Arrest has to do with 11th hour witness

(New York - WABC, March 28, 2007) - When an 11th hour witness appeared before the grand jury in the Sean Bell case, there was a lot of speculation on why that person took so long to come forward.

Sources tell Eyewitness News the witness, who had some very important information to share, was intimidated and threatened by a supervisor -- identified as 46-year-old Melvin Cordero.
    Authorities say both men, the witness and the man arrested, are employees of a contracting company that was subcontracted with Air Tran Airlines.They work in the terminal where some of the errant bullets that were fired the night of the Sean Bell shooting ended up.

Sources say Cordero allegedly threatened the witness' job if he talked about what he saw. But the witness came forward anyway in the 11th hour during the grand jury testimony into Sean Bell's death, telling the jury he heard police identify themselves before they began firing -- and also before the car driven by the victim drove toward police.

Cordero allegedly told the witness not to go to the police after seeing and hearing the shooting below the Air Tran terminal in Jamaica.

He now faces one felony charge for intimidating a victim or witness, and two misdemeanors for tampering with a witness and coercion.

The 46-year-old man from Brooklyn is being transported to Queens Criminal Courthouse to be arraigned later Wednesday night.

Stay with Eyewitness News and 7online.com for constant updates on this breaking story.

(Copyright 2007 WABC-TV)

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5160284

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Hot damn.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

stretch is offline Rookie
    Hey Al and Jesse!!!!! Where are the protests and speeches?? We'll have wait to see if this guy is full of shit or not, but I'm sure they will both issues heart felt apologies if his statement turns out to be true......

Oh yeah, the mayor and chief of police (lower case intended) also owe the officers involved an apology if this statement is true. I'l start holding my breath now....
    "Fat Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life son."

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Hey Al and Jesse!!!!! Where are the protests and speeches?? We'll have wait to see if this guy is full of shit or not, but I'm sure they will both issues heart felt apologies if his statement turns out to be true......

Oh yeah, the mayor and chief of police (lower case intended) also owe the officers involved an apology if this statement is true. I'l start holding my breath now....
    Sweety, you're IN blue, you don't want to BE blue. So breathe. *goose* Did that do it? Even if they do apologize (yes, you may laugh) it would be so pathetic and weak compared to what these officers have gone through as to be nothing more than a footnote to this entire circus.

Not that I'm jaded or callus or anything...
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hey Al and Jesse!!!!! Where are the protests and speeches??
    We're sorry, but Mr. Sharpton is rather busy with filming his new feature action film... "The Squirminator 2: Rise of the Buffoons".

Here's a clip:

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information