Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jackalope is offline Yell O

Did you need another reason to hate Rosie O'Donnell?

Rosie: Captured Brits a hoax to provoke war
    Implies U.S. concocted 'Gulf of Tonkin' event as excuse to attack Iran

Posted: March 27, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    2007 WorldNetDaily.com

In yet another provocative claim, TV host Rosie O'Donnell implied yesterday the Iranian seizure of British sailors was a hoax to provide President Bush with an excuse to go to war with Tehran.

In a discussion about the 15 British personnel seized Friday for allegedly entering Iranian waters, the controversial co-host of ABC's "The View" correlated the event to the Gulf of Tonkin incident that propelled the U.S. into the Vietnam War. President Johnson's administration was accused of provoking one incident in 1964 in the Gulf of Tonkin and making up another as a pretext for war.

O'Donnell, according to the media watchdog Newsbusters, said: "But interesting with the British sailors, there were 15 British sailors and Marines who apparently went into Iranian waters and they were seized by the Iranians. And I have one thing to say: Gulf of Tonkin, Google it. Okay."

The U.S. and Britain, however, along with Iraq and France, contend the sailors were not in Iranian waters.

After O'Donnell's comment, the dialogue when like this:

JOY BEHAR: Some other time. Some other time.
    O'DONNELL: Well, you know...

BARBARA WALTERS: It could be a decision-making time. It's a very difficult situation. It's at the United Nations. It's being examined now. Should there be sanctions? Militarily, we certainly don't seem to be in the position to do something militarily. But it is a decision-making time.

O'DONNELL: Yes, but it's very interesting too that, you know, these guys, they went into the water by mistake right at a time when British and American, you know, they're two, they're pretty much our biggest ally and we're considering whether or not we should go into war with Iran.

BEHAR: But the U.N. was about to sanction them, also have an embargo against Iran. And the, and the timing [unintelligible] so they distracted the whole world with this.

ELISABETH HASSELBECK: Right and they may be about to expel the inspectors right now, too, which could be considered [unintelligible]

O'DONNELL: Right or it could be just the Gulf of Tonkin, which you should all Google.

As WND reported last week, O'Donnell implied the World Trade Center brought down deliberately on Sept. 11, 2001, for the purpose of eliminating records of government investigations into corporate fraud.

The previous week O'Donnell defended 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. During the March 15 broadcast of "The View," she suggested the U.S. government elicited a false confession from Mohammed by using torture, robbing him of his humanity and treating him like an animal.

A transcript of Mohammed's confession to 31 terrorist attacks had been released that day, but O'Donnell argued it came only after having a "hood on his head and being beaten to death."

"They didn't allow reporters there and he hasn't had a lawyer," the talk show host stated, insinuating the confession was coerced with no accountability.

Defending U.S. handling of Mohammed, co-panelist Elisabeth Hasselbeck asked, "You don't think he had ties to any of (the terrorist acts)?"

"I think the man has been under custody in secret CIA torture prisons and Guantanamo Bay where torture is accepted and allowed and he finally is the guy who admits to doing everything," O'Donnell said. "They finally found the guy, it's not that guy bin Laden, it's this guy they've had since March 2003."

In November, O'Donnell told Hasselbeck in an exchange on "The View" that Americans shouldn't fear terrorists.

"Faith or fear, that's your choice," she said.

"You can walk through life believing in the goodness of the world, or walk through life afraid of anyone who thinks different than you and trying to convert them to your way of thinking."

"I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

jdb91 is offline Sheepdog
    I think she should be brought up on Obstruction charges. Everything she says is in some way an attempt to undermine what we are doing in the Middle East and the World. Whether it be good or bad. All she cares about is her stupid mouth and whether or not she gets good publicity from it. I don't know what network she is on but I would have to believe SOMEBODY thinks she is an embarrassment to them. She sure is to the USA.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I think the fat bitch just needs to be shot in the fucking head.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Brains are in the other end.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    lol rhino.. you just didn't beat around the bush on that one!

geesh she is a bit scary
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    I admit that everybody is entitled to their ideas and opinions, even the pompous fat heffalump that we are discussing here.

On the other hand, I personally cant stand her. I think shes arrogant, conceited and full of shit.

Lets dump her off in the middle east and see if her turban loving ways will garner any support over there. Off with your head!!
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Didn't really need another reason. Neither did The Donald.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Amazing how she can say whatever she wants to and nothing happens. My solution is simple I just never watch The View and Rosie ceases to exist. Ain't universal remotes grand?

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If I were to really comment on this thread, it would be vile, repugnant, profane, and disgustingly evil-spirited.

So I'll just say that I dislike her intensely, and hope that she is one day kidnapped by flesh-eating aliens.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

BabyGirl is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Thats too easy. She should be dropped off over there, try to fight for her life, and then have her big mouth sawed off. It would probably take a chainsaw. Friggen bitch.

Thread Information