Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEB
    BEB is offline Banned

'911 Closed, Everyone at Doughnut Shop'

Oh for crying out loud, grow a sense of humor. Can't see any reason to go to the media over something that was an obvious mistake unless there's bad blood here between the complainer and the former chief.

Or am I looking at this wrong?

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2.../d8o61nbo0.txt

'911 Closed, Everyone at Doughnut Shop'

EASTON, Pa. - A firefighter clicked on a link on the city's Web site and got a recording of a bogus dispatcher saying 911 was closed.

"Our offices are closed because everyone is at the doughnut shop," said the audio file. Stu Gallaher, city business administrator, said Wednesday the file was quickly removed when city officials learned about it.

Gallaher said it was accidentally left on the site by former Fire Chief Frank Chisesi, who had been hired to improve the city's Internet offerings. Chisesi said he had placed several audio files on the site but they did not work and he thought he had deleted them.

Firefighter Terrance Hand e-mailed the link to city officials and the media, saying it was "not flattering" to the 911 call center, police or firefighters and seeking an apology.
    He said his only reply was from Councilman Dan Corpora.

Corpora said he intended to look into the posting, "and rectify any situation that would allow that to be put on the Web site."

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    I think its funny. However he should have had a disclaimer that it wasnt real though.
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

lynnz05 is offline Corporal
    I heard this on the radio, and I thought it was funny.
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Firefighter Terrance Hand e-mailed the link to city officials and the media, saying it was "not flattering" to the 911 call center, police or firefighters and seeking an apology. He said his only reply was from Councilman Dan Corpora.

Corpora said he intended to look into the posting, "and rectify any situation that would allow that to be put on the Web site."
    Some folks just have NO sense of humor...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information