Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Frisco, TX rape/multiple-stabbing home invasion linked to series of attacks

One of those North-Of-Dallas ultra-low crime towns like ours that always seem quite shocked to find out that criminals have cars and get around... Even when they issue Home Invasion warnings the Police pussyfoot around and say "we don't want to cause alarm".

Screw that - when are they gonna say something like "if this SOB breaks into your house, shoot the sorry MF!!!"

Woman stabbed in early-morning break-in at apartment

10:54 PM CDT on Tuesday, April 10, 2007
    By LAUREN D'AVOLIO / The Dallas Morning News
    ldavolio@dallasnews.com

A 25-year-old Frisco woman was bound, raped and stabbed several [8] times Tuesday morning by a man authorities believe is responsible for 18 other home invasions in the Dallas area during the last two years.

Around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, a man carrying a sawed-off shotgun broke the glass in the back door of the woman's apartment.

9300 block of Wade Boulevard, Frisco "It was a dynamic entry, the way that he came into that back door by breaking the glass," Frisco police Sgt. Gina McFarlin said. "It's scary, and I can understand why our residents are so concerned."

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/11603460/detail.html

He stole cash and her bank card, which he used to withdraw money from an automated teller machine 30 miles away in Southlake about 4:30 a.m.

The victim lives alone on the ground floor at The Vineyards apartments in the 9400 block of Wade Boulevard, east of Preston Road. In addition to being bound and sexually assaulted, she suffered multiple knife wounds in the stomach and chest, Sgt. McFarlin said. After the attack, the woman managed to crawl across the hall with her hands tied behind her back and alerted a neighbor by slamming her body against a door.

Police did not release the woman's name because she is a sexual assault victim. She was airlifted to Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, where she underwent surgery. Her condition was not available late Tuesday. Barring any infection, she will survive, Sgt. McFarlin said.

Public help sought
    Frisco police are asking for the public's help in catching the assailant. He is described as a black man who is about 6 feet tall with a stocky build and was wearing black and blue Franklin batting gloves, a hooded black overcoat and a white cloth over his face.

"We suspect this is going to be linked to home invasions that began in May 2005," Sgt. McFarlin said. "This would be the 19th."

Given the assailant's description and modus operandi, authorities think he's targeting ground-floor apartments with a television or light on by breaking the glass of back doors, with a sawed-off shotgun and duffel bag or backpack in hand.

In November 2005, Plano police suspected two home invasions during one week were linked. One of those involved a man wearing a bandanna and wielding a shotgun. He broke into a Plano woman's apartment on Ohio Drive between Plano Parkway and McDermott Road.

Police said he threatened her with a short-barreled shotgun, took her ATM card and sexually assaulted her, but didn't steal any money.

At that time, authorities believed that up to10 incidents in Dallas, Coppell, Richardson and Garland reported in May and June 2005 were linked. The attacker carried a shotgun and hid his face behind a blue or red bandanna.

In May 2006, police said a man who sexually assaulted a 26-year-old woman in Far North Dallas may have been responsible for a series of assaults and a slaying in Plano.

"He murdered one man and, in another case, shot two girls," Sgt. McFarlin said. "We know he's been willing to hurt people before."

Warnings issued
    Police said they don't want to cause alarm in Frisco but are releasing details about the assault to raise awareness – especially while the attacker is at large.

"We want people to be aware and take those extra precautions," Sgt. McFarlin said. "Keep their blinds closed, obviously keep their doors locked and be aware of their surroundings."

Police recovered the knife used in Tuesday's attack. They believe it belongs to the victim. Sgt. McFarlin said they're not sure if it was the only weapon used.

For now, they believe he took only money and the ATM card.

"If he took anything else from the apartment, we don't know it," Sgt. McFarlin said. "We won't know until she walks us through it."

Sgt. McFarlin said the attack was so brutal that the Police Department has put extra manpower on the streets. It was the first reported home invasion at the Vineyards. Sgt. McFarlin said it also is the first home invasion that she and many of her colleagues have investigated in Frisco.

"If we did work any, none of us remember it" she said.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 04-11-07 at 12:33 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    One of those North-Of-Dallas ultra-low crime towns like ours that always seem quite shocked to find out that criminals have cars and get around... Even when they issue Home Invasion warnings the Police pussyfoot around and say "we don't want to cause alarm".

Screw that - when are they gonna say something like "if this SOB breaks into your house, shoot the sorry MF!!!"
    Is that kinda like "We have a safe community. There no need for citizens to be carrying concealed."? -- The City Council/local Police Chief.

I expect that out of the Chamber of the Commerce. I even expect if of a council comprised of bankers and a HS teacher. I don't get why the Chief is espousing that rose colored glasses view.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Louisiana's remedy...

20. Justifiable homicide.

A homicide is justifiable: ...

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle. The homicide shall be justifiable even though the person committing the homicide does not retreat from the encounter.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    my mother in law lives in The Colony TX so i know alittle about how the ppl in Frisco think. They think that there city is so safe granted it is safer than some but bad guys have cars to you know. Besides that TX just passed that "Castle Law" from what I understand (correct me if i'm wrong TXCharlie) if some one even so much as runs up to your car aggressively and you think they are tying to car jack you...they get to meet mr. glock
    Last edited by mfranklin01; 04-11-07 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mfranklin01 View Post
    TX just passed that "Castle Law" from what I understand (correct me if i'm wrong TXCharlie)
    Yep - More info here, including a link to the full text of the bill as enrolled. The Governor has already signed it, and it takes effect Sept 1:

http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...ad.php?t=14829

There's some language in there about a person believing someone is attempting to enter your home or vehicle with force, but it still has to be a reasonable belief. The biggest change is really civil immunity. Grand juries in Texas have always done pretty good in supporting a potential victim's actions, so the requirement to retreat was always overblown, especially in your home or if you didn't believe it was safe to retreat - But it's nice to see that issue put to bed and taken away from the whims of the court.

I haven't had time to wade through all the changes and analysis of the new law, though.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 04-11-07 at 12:51 PM.

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by stokerress View Post
    I was told along time ago by the Major, if anyone is coming toward me and i feel my life is threaten, in residence or not, i can take matters in my own hands.And need to make sure its not in the back..hehehe
    Even in New York City, Bernard Goetz (The "subway vigilante") was eventually found not guilty for shooting those guys, but it bankrupted him. His only conviction was carrying an illegal weapon.

Here's what Wiki says about some of those guys he shot - Model citizens indeed:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz
    Legacy

James Ramseur and Barry Allen have committed serious crimes since the original incident. Soon after being released from the hospital for the treatment of his gunshot wound, James Ramseur committed another crime with an associate: he was later convicted of raping, sodomizing, beating and robbing a pregnant nineteen year old woman on a building rooftop in the Bronx, and in 1986 was sentenced to 8 1/3 to 25 years in prison. Barry Allen committed two muggings after the shooting.

After reaching an all time peak in 1990, crime in New York City dropped dramatically throughout the rest of the 1990s. As of 2006, New York had statistically become one of the safest large cities in the U.S., with its crime rate being ranked 194th of the 210 American cities with populations over 100,000. The New York City crime rates in the first half of the 2000s decade were comparable to those of New York in the early 1960s. Goetz and others have interpreted the significance of his actions in the subway incident as a contributing factor precipitating the groundswell movement against crime in subsequent years. While that claim is impossible to verify, Goetz achieved celebrity as a popular cultural symbol of the reaction to urban crime and disorder.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 04-11-07 at 01:28 PM.

(\__/)

Exclamation Update... Frisco Police Seek Serial Predator After Attack

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/11619334/detail.html

POSTED: 8:53 am CDT April 11, 2007

FRISCO, Texas -- Frisco police spent Tuesday night patrolling every apartment complex in the city in search of a serial predator.

NBC 5 reported that a woman had been stabbed in her apartment early Tuesday in the 9400 block of Wade Boulevard in Frisco.
    Video

Investigators now say the same suspect is wanted in 18 similar crimes in Dallas and Plano over the past two years.
    In the latest attack, the suspect used the 25-year-old victim's ATM card at a bank in Southlake, police said.

The man's face is blurry but detectives hope someone recognizes the black and blue Franklin baseball batting gloves he was wearing.

Police said the man made hit the bank after sexually assaulting and stabbing the victim.

The victim underwent surgery and remains in critical condition Wednesday.

Previous Stories:
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 04-11-07 at 03:24 PM.

(\__/)

Thread Information