Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SARG is offline Banned

Imus Banned From Msnbc

My favorite morning program comes to an end. MSNBC has dropped the Imus in the Morning Show.
    Not reasonable but ....so it goes.

213th is online now Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I thought it was only for two weeks?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

SARG is offline Banned

Gone forever

Nope.... MSNBC announced about 6:00 PM (E.S.T. ) that they dropped the TV simulcast show effective immediately.

Gonna miss it.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Oh good, so tomorrow the local talk radio show will be talking about this again. Maybe I'll call in.

Sure was amusing to hear middle age white folks try to talk about this without saying the "h" word. If only they knew how their kids and grandkids talked... Maybe they should look into that instead of getting on this 300 year old man's case for trying to talk like the youngins.

Imus is the least of the world's problems.

SARG is offline Banned
    All for saying Nappy headed Ho's. If you watch one Chapelle Show you end up saying Hos for three days after.
    America has become one f*cked up place. Problem is a better place still doesn't exist.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Big Al SharpTon was on Glenn Beck and really didnt say too much when asked why the rappers are allowed to get away with it and others arnt. Glenn also said that Imus made statements like "towel heads" and calling a guy "steve the jew" and there wasnt an outcry like there was for nappy headed Ho's.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Snoop Dog [pictured here : ] gives his thoughts on the matter :

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/155...410/id_0.jhtml

It's a completely different scenario," said Snoop, barking over the phone from a hotel room in L.A. "[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things. First of all, we ain't no old-ass white men that sit up on MSNBC going hard on black girls. We are rappers that have these songs coming from our minds and our souls that are relevant to what we feel. I will not let them mutha-----as say we in the same league as him.

SARG is offline Banned
    Strange when I see this "Snoop" individual and others like him .... I think about the Socom 16 I just bought .........and I smile to myself.

It's my own funny joke.

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    I've never really listened to Imus. But this whole thing is unbelievably overblown. And of course listening to Al Sharpton, of all people, turn this into a publicity stunt of his own is the most maddening part of the whole thing. Sharpton is a joke and an embarrassment.

I'm not even convinced that the comments were racist in the first place. Offensive, mean, insensitive, racially charged, stupid, sure. But he denigrated the Rutgers women for looking mean and rough, not for being black. But he also constrasted them with the predominantly black Tennessee team, which he called "cute."

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Two words for Al the ass Sharpton.......

Twana Brawley.

That nappy headed monkey should be in jail today.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I am curious if we have any African Americans on this forum and what their opinions are. I personally thought what he said was very offensive and just because the rappers say it doesn't make it even or right.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I think the Duke Lacrosse team, and the Rutgers Woman's BB team should go on the show, and explain what a nappy headed 'ho is....since Methus...I mean Imus doesn't seem to know.

He got called out for being an ass, he seems to be trying to take it like a man.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    I think the Duke Lacrosse team, and the Rutgers Woman's BB team should go on the show, and explain what a nappy headed 'ho is....since Methus...I mean Imus doesn't seem to know.

He got called out for being an ass, he seems to be trying to take it like a man.
    Sounds like someone has been watching Glenn Beck, same topic on tonights show. Why isnt the civil rights people standing with the Duke Lacrosse team saying its an outrage that a Black Stripper made up that whole story and why isnt anyone standing outside the ethincs board demanding for that attorneys head. Double standards IMO being called a nappy head ho has no lasting damages being called a Rapist for months by the media does

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    I am curious if we have any African Americans on this forum and what their opinions are. I personally thought what he said was very offensive and just because the rappers say it doesn't make it even or right.

I feel the same way. This was not something on comedy central, Imus even admits his comments were totally inappropriate. Personally, I liked Imus about as much as I like Rosie O'D.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    I'll take the bait. Why is it ok on Comedy Central?

I agree with this (black man's) column on the topic. Though it's probably politically incorrect for me to do so.

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

It’s embarrassing. Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes about white and black people, and we all laugh out loud.

OFK
    -'ll take the bait. Why is it ok on Comedy Central?

I can definitely see the conflicts, you hear black men and women refer to eachother as "the "n" word. When a white person calls a black person the "n" word, it's taboo..I get that, it's not right, but people pay good money for a higher standard of conduct.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Not buying it.

I offered, yes in jest, Snoop's observations. In his own Snoopish way he did have a point. That tired old point that it's ok if you have the background.

What the Snoopster misses while trying to play it off as a cultural difference is he and his ilk have made these terms culturally acceptable across classes. Am I being racist now? I'm not for that good-goody bullshit.

Pink Floyd, a bunch of white guys, made it possible for people to use that language on public airwaves 30 years ago. Snoop does it now. Dave Chappelle does it now. It's not about race, it's about what the society abides at any given point in time.

Right now, old white guys can't say "ho".

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Old white guys can say "ho", as Imus has done many times in the past. They just can't say it about black women while referencing a heartwarming underdog story.
    Last edited by BEB; 04-12-07 at 03:48 AM.

OFK
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post

Right now, old white guys can't say "ho".

they can if they say it thrice and wear a red suit!

213th is online now Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by OFK View Post
    they can if they say it thrice and wear a red suit!
    Don't forget the beard too
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Look out!! Here he comes!! Al Sharpton is... The Squirminator...
    Last edited by countybear; 04-12-07 at 11:47 AM.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information