Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Philadelphia Police Outraged Over Firefighter Rapper's Lyrics

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...266472,00.html

Philadelphia Police Outraged Over Firefighter Rapper's Lyrics
    Tuesday , April 17, 2007

PHILADELPHIA —
    Police union officials called for the immediate firing of a city firefighter and aspiring rapper who wrote anti-police lyrics about turning "pigs into bacon bits."
    The Fraternal Order of Police on Monday demanded the dismissal of Rodney Jean-Jacques, who raps under the name Cal Akbar.
    "I got a surprise for them cops," Jean-Jacques raps, as sounds of gunfire erupt in the background. "I hope the news is taping this, 'cause I'm gonna turn pigs into bacon bits."
    The untitled song surfaced last week on a Web site promoting Jean-Jacques' record, "Sin City Vol. 1," and his record company, the Larsiny Family.
    Bob Eddis, president of the local FOP chapter, said he gave Jean-Jacques a deadline of midnight Sunday to provide a written apology that the police union could post on its Web site, but none came.
    "I think at first it might have been a mistake of the head," Eddis said. "But now I believe it's a mistake of the heart. It's a disgrace. He is a city employee and he should be held accountable for making these statements."
    Brian McBride, head of the Philadelphia Fire Fighters Union Local 22, said officials were hoping Jean-Jacques would issue an apology soon and that he was trying to get Jean-Jacques to do so.
    "Naturally, I condemn and strongly disagree with any song that recommends any kind of violence towards our brothers and sisters in blue in the police department," McBride said.
    Jean-Jacques told the Philadelphia Daily News via e-mail: "Mum's the word. I want to tell my side of the story but I can't just yet. I have to clear it with my superiors."
    Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers would not comment other than to say the matter is under investigation.
    Joe Grace, spokesman for Mayor John Street, said union officials and the police and fire commissioners were discussing the issue and "all parties are taking it very seriously."
    Jean-Jacques' music received positive notice in 2005, when he wrote and performed "Take It Outside," a song encouraging fire safety. The song was promoted by the Fire Department and was shown during the broadcast of a football game between the Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys.

WTF??
    Last edited by Cidp24; 04-17-07 at 11:21 AM.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    This firefighter sounds like an idiot. I hope his rapping "career" goes down the toilet, along with his job...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    This firefighter sounds like an idiot. I hope his rapping "career" goes down the toilet, along with his job...

My thoughts exactly.

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Just trying to make main stream. That was a money move. That is what is "cool" and what sells, so that is what he did. A shame he sold out.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Jean-Jacques told the Philadelphia Daily News via e-mail: "Mum's the word. I want to tell my side of the story but I can't just yet. I have to clear it with my superiors."
    WTF? He obviously didn't have to clear it with his supervisors to make the stupid ass song! It is clearly his way of saying "I don't intend to apologize" while he hopes it all blows over. I agree with 10-42 Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-42 Adam

Cheech Guest
    Hey leave them alone , Everyone loves firefighters...Americas heroes! Not cops!
    What a schmeckel

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Just trying to make main stream. That was a money move. That is what is "cool" and what sells, so that is what he did. A shame he sold out.
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing. He probably made the decision right about when, oh, that song about FAGGY FIRE SAFETY tanked.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am as thrilled about 'Grandmaster FD' here as I was to see Ice-T portray a cop for TV and movies.

A curse on the home of any idiot who actually spends money to hear this hermaphrodite. May he suck in a flashover.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I am as thrilled about 'Grandmaster FD' here as I was to see Ice-T portray a cop for TV and movies.
    Yea no shit. He's made a ton of money playng a cop on Law and Order among other shows after he made the infamous cop killer rap song.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    This being the public side of this site precludes my answering this particular thread.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggybank Cop View Post
    This being the public side of this site precludes my answering this particular thread.

Um... would it have anything to do with high temperatures and low altitudes??

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Jean-Jacques' music received positive notice in 2005, when he wrote and performed "Take It Outside," a song encouraging fire safety.
    GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY!!!!!!!!!! What kind of a nerd writes a song about fire safety? Street cred=zero...so I guess he had to make an anti-cop song to get back above the "Gansta Mendoza Line."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Typical fireman bullshit. Biggest bunch of sissies on the earth. "Americas Real Heroes" right, it takes a hero to save a foundation of a building. I know I want a job that requires I play with a hose and have to sleep in a room with 10 other guys in my nice little fire department issued pj's. Pussies.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56 View Post
    Typical fireman bullshit. Biggest bunch of sissies on the earth. "Americas Real Heroes" right, it takes a hero to save a foundation of a building. I know I want a job that requires I play with a hose and have to sleep in a room with 10 other guys in my nice little fire department issued pj's. Pussies.
    Please, tell us how you really feel...

Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO

Ya know that puke scene in "Exorcist"? Yeah, I just did that with coffee out my nose. That shit kind of hurt.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I don't know how it works elsewhere but the medical first responders here are the firemen. The guys here will go through hell hauling a** to get to an injured LEO. Two of the paramedics even went through SWAT medic school, several SWAT tactical schools, and the Reserve Academy to be a part of our team. Both are pretty good, level headed operators. I have a lot of respect for them in general but there are a few bad apples.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information