Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copycats

Copy Cats

would you guys beleive it that someone will at least try to copy the idiotic crime that was done a virginia tech. i read just today that at universities in oklahoma, tennesse, and texas they had numerous bomb threats and had to evacuate the schools and put them on lock downs. what is wrong with people? its like unbelivable to me that just that fast we have some people at least thinking about copying that crime

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Got a news flash for ya,not just universities,high schools also.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Sadly jonezie, I do believe it, I've even come to expect it.

Not only are there those who, as stokerress said, have no common sense or compassion. There are those who will feed off the false alarms. I won't be a bit surprised if there is another school shooting in the near future.

Worse still? Charles Whitman had the "record" for many years. There's a new goal. I'll "hope there is never again a school shooting" along with the hopelessly naive. More realistically I'm hoping there isn't one soon.

Its pretty much expected as norm now that there will be copycats or those such as happening yesterday calling in fake bomb threats etc for their own idiotic mental games . Its ashame that its now a norm ...

All i want to now is that , should any of those mental midgets making false calls , be caught , im hoping someone will prosecute them fully and not a slap on wrist . Its time to get serious about this stuff .
    Cops are sworn to protect your a@@ not kiss it .

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    It's really sad that anyone would even think about doing something like that much less actually follow through. As you know we live in a world where people don't care about others. And it's those people that don't care that wouldn't even think twice about killing someone's child, mother, father, brother, sister, and so forth. 33 people were taken that day. And each one of those people had parents or children. They woke up that morning not knowing it would be their last day to live. It makes me SICK to know that someone is so fu@k!ng heartless to do something that horrible! Just hopefully we can keep our city from having something that bad done to it. We need to keep our heads up and continue what we do day in and day out to help those that truly need and deserve it. I believe justice will be served for the crimes commited in VA.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Coffee View Post
    Its pretty much expected as norm now that there will be copycats or those such as happening yesterday calling in fake bomb threats etc for their own idiotic mental games . Its ashame that its now a norm ...

All i want to now is that , should any of those mental midgets making false calls , be caught , im hoping someone will prosecute them fully and not a slap on wrist . Its time to get serious about this stuff .
    The one a neighboring pd we work with nailed yesterday was a frequent flyer mental case that was booked with "terrorizing" we finally got him on something with bite and he is being denied bond (well not denied,just put wayyyy out of his range),maybe we can get rid of his sorry ass now.

blackcamaro8895 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Copycats

Well, of course, by people hearing the words "WORST SHOOTING IN U.S. HISTORY" and hearing about all the other shootings that werent as bad, OF COURSE now people will be trying to outdo it.

But we all know what the media does.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Copycat posts!

blackcamaro8895 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    Copycat posts!
    well sorry, guys, but i wasnt on here earlier so i didnt see the first copycat post. i guess my lips will now be sealed forever.......my opinion is irrelevant.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We've had at least one bomb threat a day since the shootings in my area. It is fairly ridiculous. A neighboring city even found a device today, and had EOD blow it up. this is fucking ridiculous.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    Got a news flash for ya,not just universities,high schools also.
    We had a bomb threat/evacuation the same day as the shooting - at an elementary school.

A 16 year old has come forward to take responsibility.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcamaro8895 View Post
    well sorry, guys, but i wasnt on here earlier so i didnt see the first copycat post. i guess my lips will now be sealed forever.......my opinion is irrelevant.

j/k
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    There have been a few incidents here as well.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Hey Lazy do something and merge them! Nevermind I got it!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I think for me, the McDonald's massacre will remain the worst (excluding 9/11) both because it happened where I live, but because so many of the victims were children.

San Ysidro McDonald's massacre
    The McDonald's massacre was an incident of mass murder which resulted in 21 deaths at a McDonald's restaurant in the San Ysidro section of San Diego, California, on July 18, 1984.

The massacre was carried out by James Oliver Huberty, a 41-year-old former welder from Canton, Ohio. In January 1984, Huberty had moved to San Ysidro with his wife and children, where he worked as a security guard until his dismissal one week prior to the murders. His apartment was located near the site of the shooting spree.

Before leaving for McDonald's, his wife Etna asked him where he was going. Huberty responded that he was "hunting humans". Earlier that same day he made the comment to his wife, "Society had its chance".

Huberty used a 9mm Uzi semi-automatic (the primary weapon fired in the massacre), a Winchester pump-action twelve-gauge shotgun, and a 9mm Browning HP in the restaurant, killing 21 people and wounding 19 others. Huberty's victims were predominantly Mexican and Mexican-American and ranged in age from 8 months to 74 years. The massacre began at 4 p.m. and lasted for 77 minutes. Huberty had spent 257 rounds of ammunition before he was fatally shot by Chuck Foster, a SWAT team sniper perched on the roof of a nearby post office.

Although Huberty stated during the massacre that he had killed thousands in Vietnam, he had never actually served in any military branch; this led to speculation that schizophrenia led him to believe he had served in the war.
    On the day before the massacre, Huberty had called a mental health center. The receptionist misspelled his name on intake. Since he had not claimed there was an immediate emergency, his call was not returned.

On September 26, 1984, McDonald's tore down the restaurant where the massacre occurred and gave the property to the city, which opened Southwestern Community College there. In front of the school is a memorial to the massacre victims, consisting of 21 hexagonal granite pillars ranging in height from one to six feet.

Lawsuit

In 1986, Etna Huberty, his widow, unsuccessfully sued McDonald's and Babcock and Wilcox, James Huberty's longtime former employer, in an Ohio state court for $7.88 million, claiming that the massacre was triggered by the combined mixture of McDonald's food and work around poisonous metals. She alleged that monosodium glutamate in the food, combined with the high levels of lead and cadmium in Huberty's body, induced delusions and uncontrollable rage. An autopsy did reveal high levels of the metals, most likely built up from fumes inhaled during 14 years of welding. Autopsy results also revealed there were no drugs or alcohol in his system at the time of the killings.

Victims

Elsa Herlinda Borboa-Firro
    Neva Denise Caine (manager of the McDonald's)
    Michelle Deanne Carncross
    María Elena Colmenero Silva
    David Flores Delgado (11 years old)
    Gloria López González
    Omar Alonso Hernández (11 years old)
    Matao Herrera (11 years old)
    Blythe Regan Herrera (Matao Herrera's mother)
    Paulina Aquino López
    Margarita Padilla
    Claudia Pérez (9 years old)
    Rubén Lozano Pérez (Ronald McDonald Mascot)
    Carlos Reyes (8 months)
    Jackie Wright Reyes (Carlos Reyes's mother)
    Victor Rivera
    Arisdelsi Vuelvas Vargas
    Hugo Luis Velázquez Vargas
    Aida Velázquez Vázquez
    Laurence "Gus" Versiluis
    Miguel Victoria Ulloa
    Alicia Victoria
    Here's an inspiring outcome to that tragic day:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...8massacre.html

The SDPD sniper had a hard time hearing his "green light" due to heavy presence of news helicopters in the area. The response was also slowed by rush hour traffic - many officers used the shoulder of the freeway to get down to San Ysidro, which is just on the US/Mexico border
    Last edited by Willowdared; 04-19-07 at 09:19 PM.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by joneziecop4life View Post
    Hello LEFORUMS MY NAME IS JOHN JONES, I AM 20 YOA. IVE BEEN IN LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR 10 MONTHS NOW. I AM A CITY POLICE OFFICER IN PLAQUEMINE, LOUISIANA. I ENJOY WHAT I DO, I WANT TO LEARN MORE AS I GO. I GRADUATED FROM THE LAFOURCHE PARISH SHERIFF'S OFFICER TRAINING ACADEMY. LAW ENFORCEMENT IS WHERE MY HEART IS.
    Quote Originally Posted by joneziecop4life View Post
    would you guys beleive it that someone will at least try to copy the idiotic crime that was done a virginia tech. i read just today that at universities in oklahoma, tennesse, and texas they had numerous bomb threats and had to evacuate the schools and put them on lock downs. what is wrong with people? its like unbelivable to me that just that fast we have some people at least thinking about copying that crime
    I cannot believe a Police Officer is seriously posting this.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Radio station just broke in with an announcement. Due to txt messages flying around yesterday the HS has canceled classes for Friday. Nonspecific threats of violence.

We had a bunch of bomb threats the past few years, but this year had been clean. I say make them all sit at the edges of the gym all day with their heads against the wall rather than canceling school.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by vengeance05 View Post
    I cannot believe a Police Officer is seriously posting this.
    I thought the same thing. So I checked and he did send in his info for verification and another Mod is working on it. Time will tell!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

phoenixrose is offline Firebrand
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcamaro8895 View Post
    Don't worry about it.
    Almost everyone on here has done the same thing...well, barring the ones that walk on water, of course.

JMHO, but as long as the media sensationalizes the murderer and his crime...idiots will compete to be the next face in the spotlight.
    phoenixrose
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If the sex scene doesn't make you want to do it - whatever it is they're doing - it hasn't been written right.~~~Sloan Wilson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHAT canary?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information