Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

American Idol reject Sanjaya Malakar's mother busted for growing pot two years ago

EDGEWOOD -- Federal Way's Sanjaya Malakar got the nation's attention as an American Idol finalist, but now it's Sanjaya's mom making headlines.

The Pierce County Sheriff's Department confirms Jillian Blith got busted for growing marijuana two years ago.

Blith's neighbors in Edgewood remember. "A lot of cops were parked on the road and I thought it was a party going on. They were in undercover cars, so I didn't know," says Shana Curtindale who lives next door to Blith's former residence.

Police reports show neighbors complained about the smell of marijuana coming from this house. They noticed other houses had heavy frost on the roof, but saw no frost on Blith's garage roof.

Police checked it out. They looked at power records and saw extreme use.

They got a search warrant and found 310 growing marijuana plants.

They also found Sanjaya's teenage sister Shyamali Malakar at home.

Evidence there led police to another growing operation at a home in Federal Way. That's where police arrested Blith and another man, Charles Quist. "Jill would come over here and talk with the kids. Never anything. I mean, I guess you never know what's going on next door," says Curtindale.

The arrests shocked neighbors, but they're not surprised the bust is getting national attention. "I mean because people are nosy and I figured it would come out sooner or later. I just hoped it wouldn't hurt his career or anything," says former neighbor Curtis Sinay.

Though the bust stayed secret while Malakar was still singing on American Idol, neighbors say Blith was open about what happened. They say she admitted to the growing operation, but told them it was for medical marijuana.

Blith pleaded guilty to one felony count of unlawful manufacturing of a controlled substance.

She could have faced a five year prison sentence but instead got 30 days in jail.

I think this explains a lot about Sanjaya.

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    Hurt his career? I'm so sick of that idiot.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I just hoped it wouldn't hurt his career or anything," says former neighbor Curtis Sinay.
    How can you hurt the career of the village idiot?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information