Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Bad: Being caught driving drunk/Worse: Being caught again that night by the same cop

CORVALLIS, Ore. - Police arrested a 19-year-old Corvallis man for driving under the influence twice within a span of two hours.
    Corvallis Police Officer David Cox first picked up Aaron Kaiser just before midnight Saturday. A police report shows Kaiser's blood-alcohol content was .17, or a little more than twice the legal limit.
    Then, around 1:40 a.m. on Sunday, Cox spotted Kaiser behind the wheel again, this time making an illegal U-turn.
    Kaiser told police he was moving his car because he was afraid it would be towed.
    Kaiser's blood-alcohol level had dropped slightly since his previous encounter with police. It was .14, still nearly twice the legal limit to drive. This time, authorities impounded his car.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We had a guy a few weeks ago get arrested for DWI. Then, TWO nights later, came back in for the same thing.

People are stupid.

mwahahahahahahaha!

Job Security!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    People are stupid but I have a question. I thought when you are stopped for drunk driving you are taken to jail that night and have to spend the night there. So why was this guy out and about after being stopped? Or does it depend on location as to what laws apply? Thanks

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    In Minnesota, if it's a 4th degree Misdemeanor (first DWI, no aggravating factors) you are booked, fingerprinted, photographed, and released to a sober party. The sober party signs you out saying they will take responsibility for you, ensure your safety, make sure you don't drive, etc.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Einstein is offline Officer First Class
    Here DUI is arrested, booked, blood sample taken and kept in jail untill the next court day. If you are arrested on a Friday night you spend the weekend in jail until you can appear before a Magistrate on Monday.
    Servamus et Servimus........"To Serve and Protect"

chris2001 is offline Captain
    You can bond out. But your DL is taken from you so again he should not have been driving.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

slamdunc is offline On The Beat
    In Illinois, you can be released on bond, after being processed. Your vehicle, however, is subject to a 12-hour DUI hold (impoundment). This is to prevent events such as this one.
    'The Art of War' teaches us to "Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's coming, but on our own readiness to receive him"--Sun Tsu

Quote Originally Posted by Mem
    People are stupid but I have a question. I thought when you are stopped for drunk driving you are taken to jail that night and have to spend the night there. So why was this guy out and about after being stopped? Or does it depend on location as to what laws apply? Thanks
    In North Carolina, it's in the lawbooks that Magistrate's are not allowed to set bonds on driving while impaired offenses if the person can find a sober party to be released to. Thus making incidents like these more common.

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    Wow, didn't realize the variences in laws. Of course I am sure in some places you don't have the room to house all the drunks like a hotel either. Too bad you can't ticket people for plain stupidity.

MountainCop Guest
    Our DUIs see da judge. And we sure as hell don't wake the on-call judge up. So, they sit and cool their heels in the Graybar hotel until the next court session, where they can bond out.

And if they're caught on a Friday night, and the next Monday is a holiday.. oh well!!!

Life is good...

K9brando is offline Fun In The Snow!
    Verified LEO
    I don't know if you were working with us when myself and 93 did this arrest Brad.

One Saturday, 93 arrested a guy on crack charges, I was there also and took him to Halifax to jail. Two hours later I saw leaving a crack house and stopped and got another crack rock and a pipe. I took him to Halifax. And then about 4 hours later, 93 got him again with a crack pipe walking down the street. Talk about idiots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K9brando
    I don't know if you were working with us when myself and 93 did this arrest Brad.

One Saturday, 93 arrested a guy on crack charges, I was there also and took him to Halifax to jail. Two hours later I saw leaving a crack house and stopped and got another crack rock and a pipe. I took him to Halifax. And then about 4 hours later, 93 got him again with a crack pipe walking down the street. Talk about idiots!!!
    Nothing surprises me where we work...

Thread Information