Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

Police close down rap gig venue

Police in Derby have closed down a nightclub for 24 hours after concerns were raised about a gig being held by an American rapper.

Almost 600 people bought tickets to see Lloyd Banks perform at the T5 Club on Colyear Street on Saturday.

But police said a proper risk assessment had not been done and there were concerns about possible disorder.

Promoters of the event said they offered to cancel the gig, but felt the police's actions were excessive.

"The police should have gone round the venue and seen it, seen what security measures there are for the concert but they didn't do it," said a promoter for the event known as Meesh.

Fellow promoter Kace Clarke said: "There's been no previous trouble at any of his (Lloyd Banks) concerts that he's done in the past.

"We have some information on previous concerts he has done and there have been no issues that could have been brought up."

Ch Insp Gary Parkin said: "Unfortunately there have been a number of firearms-related incidents at similar events connected with this music genre in the East and West Midlands, London and Manchester.

"We accept the majority of people who attend are just there to enjoy themselves and sadly it is a small minority who cause significant problems.

"We have to balance this up against the security of all people visiting Derby's pubs and clubs and we have a duty to ensure they feel safe."

Ticket-holders have been advised to contact the event's promoters or the outlet where they bought their tickets for more information.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/d...re/6627957.stm

Any one know anything about Lloyd Banks ?

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I see no cause for concern... After all:

Gun Charges Dropped Against Banks, Young Buck

http://www.rapbasement.com/index.php...2122&Itemid=35

Written by Jason
    Wednesday, 08 November 2006
    Felony gun possession charges against G-Unit rappers Lloyd Banks and Young Buck, arrested last year following a concert at New York's Madison Square Garden, were dropped today (Nov. 8) at the request of prosecutors.

"This whole experience reminds me of the title of my new album -- 'Rotten Apple,'" Banks, whose real name is Chris Lloyde, said in a statement.

Police said Lloyde and Young Buck, whose real name is David Brown, were riding in a van with several other men in August 2005 when it ran a red light in midtown Manhattan. Officers said they discovered a loaded handgun and another weapon in the van.

Lloyde and Brown had just performed at MSG as part of the Anger Management 3 tour with Eminem and 50 Cent.

Prosecutors asked a judge to dismiss the charges after an investigation determined the neither Lloyde, 24, nor Brown, 25, had possessed the guns, said a District Attorney's office spokesperson, who added that one suspect has pleaded guilty in the case and another remains under indictment.
    Mr. Banks is a peaceful individual, he says so in his lyrics:

[Lloyd Banks] "Gangsta Shit"
    Come on, nigga, I ain't here to make no friends, just cut the checks
    I got a long pump that'll put your stupid ass up in steps
    Begging niggas don't understand though
    Probably cause my hand glow when I'm anticipating the lambo
    Lean out my bucket for niggas thinking they Rambo
    You get one warning so I suggest you let your man know
    These rap niggas portray to be tough, nobody acting soft
    'Til they laid out in the hospital, eating applesauce
    Usually for yapping off and turn apologetic
    Waving a white flag, the danger they might have
    My niggas buying so much ammo
    If you reach in the couch for loose change, you'll probably feel on the handle
    Holding sixteens to get your bandages and broke bones
    So I suggest you get alarm systems in both homes
    There's only one team on top, we number one with a glock
    Fuck around and get your dumb ass SHOT!
    Um... oops, maybe there is a cause for concern, eh?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Thanks, After reading that I think they were right to stop the gig, also anyone who is friends with a guy who claims to have been a drug dealer and boasts about getting shot deserves all his gigs shutting down.

Shame that they haven't caught him doing anything over here then we could refuse him entry to the country like snoop dogg.

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    Damn it!! Can't you keep him across the pond. We have enough undesirables here in the States. Every concert they have had, there has been some sort of violence.

Thread Information