Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Madison Officer beats jaywalker

Madison police officer was suspended without pay for eight days Tuesday for giving a concussion to a jaywalker last September.

According to a Madison Police Department press release, police saw a pedestrian crossing Mills Street at Regent Street outside a crosswalk and against the light on Sept. 25. When an officer sounded the horn of his police car, the pedestrian -- police did not release his name -- turned, made an obscene gesture at the officers and headed east on Regent Street.

Officer Kenneth Estling followed the pedestrian, grabbed him from behind, turned him around and pushed him into the wall of a building at 1025 Regent St. The pedestrian, who was cited for obstructing the street, received a concussion when his head hit the wall.

Estling's actions were determined to be in violation of the Madison Police Department's policies on excessive use of force and reporting the use of force.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Excessive force? I mean, the guy was jaywalking, come on!

Ken K is offline Banned
    There is a difference between beating someone and "explaining" things to them. I thought this was more of an explanation.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    An explanation with a brick wall for a period.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Ken K is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074
    An explanation with a brick wall for a period.
    You're right. It usually is just the forehead to the top of a table. Brick wall is a bit much.

MountainCop Guest
    Excessive force - yep. Beating? No! The head against the wall sounds accidental.

Media strikes again.

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken K
    You're right. It usually is just the forehead to the top of a table. Brick wall is a bit much.
    I usually use only one brick...

Thread Information