Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking Dr. Jack Kevorkian to be paroled next Friday..plans in the works for a "KILLER" party

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the man known as Dr. Death, will be released from a Michigan prison next Friday. Kevorkian spent eight years in prison for participating in an assisted suicide that he had videotaped and broadcast on television.

His attorney told ABC News' Law & Justice Unit that Kevorkian would not participate in any more assisted suicides. And he said that Kevorkian, who turns 79 Saturday, is in seriously declining health as he prepares for his parole next week.

Polls suggest that a majority of Americans are in favor of physician-assisted suicide. Kevorkian's attorney, Mayer Morganroth, said his client looks back with qualified regret at the more than 100 suicides he said he assisted throughout the 1990s. It was the assisted suicide of Thomas Youk, who had Lou Gehrig's disease, whose story was broadcast on "60 Minutes" in 1998, that earned Kevorkian a prison sentence of 15 to 20 years for second degree murder.

"He realizes now that breaking laws are not going to help," said Morganroth. Instead, "he has to speak out" for the legalization of assisted suicide, "and that's it. He feels he's lost over eight years of his life. That's certainly something he's not pleased with, but he looks at it as he did something that required him to be punished. He broke a law."

"I look at it as a total waste frankly,'' Mortganroth said.

For the past eight years Kevorkian has been held at Michigan's Lakeland Correctional Facility. He will be released on June 1.

Kevorkian suffers from hepatitis C, which he contracted while serving in Vietnam. Morganroth said Kevorkian's elevated liver enzyme levels "are still very high," but until such time as it starts destroying his liver, he can still function. Morganroth said his client is also suffering from temporal arteritis, which is a hardening of the arteries in the temples.

He's not in the best shape, but he can function,'' Morganroth said.

Morganroth said Kevorkian gets "20 to 30 to 40'' interview requests a week, and that "he gets a massive amount of correspondence from the public.

"You'd be surprised at how many people have written me and offered to have him stay at their homes when he gets out of prison," said Morganroth. "The man is an icon, but that's neither here nor there.''

Morganroth said Kevorkian will concentrate on educating the public about his position on assisted suicide and will concentrate on "writing, doing his painting and composing music.'' He will lecture -- he's been offered fees up to $100,000, but "I don't think he's going to make a career out of it.

"Money has never interested him.''

I wish it was legal and should the point ever come that i was so terminal or incapcitated , i would wish a visit from Dr Jack ...

lol Term at the subject title ....

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    If I have a chance to be old I hope not to have my choices taken from me by those I used to diaper.

My opinion of this subject.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Day after day of unending agony alternating with medicine induced unconsciousness, with no chance of recovery - I wouldn't even put my pets through that shit, why would I put myself through it?

I like the idea of being able to die with dignity.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    His attorney told ABC News' Law & Justice Unit that Kevorkian would not participate in any more assisted suicides. And he said that Kevorkian, who turns 79 Saturday, is in seriously declining health as he prepares for his parole next week.
    Anyone taking bets on him juicing himself??

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

County ,
    I will bet that he will send himself to his own demise , why not , nothing anyone could do him anymore and i wouldnt blame him .

Thread Information