Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Arrested Leaving a MADD Meeting - DUI #8

FL woman arrested for DUI after leaving MADD meeting

TAMPA, Florida, May 24, 2007 (NBC) A Tampa, Florida woman was leaving a Mothers Against Drunk Driving meeting Monday night when she noticed flashing lights in her rear-view mirror. Police pulled her over and arrested her for drunk driving.

It's her eighth DUI citation.

On Thursday, a member of MADD went to the jail to ask the 29-year-old woman why she keeps getting behind the wheel.

"I truly believe it was a calling from God, Linda Unfried, area MADD chapter president, said. I was there to help her. She really tugged at my heart strings today.

Moffitt and Unfried met a couple days ago when Moffitt attended a mandatory MADD meeting in the County Center in downtown Tampa.

Moffitt's probation required her to be there.

Unfried said Kelly Moffitt cried at the MADD meeting while listening to Unfried talk about her sister's death, caused by a drunk driver.

Minutes after that meeting, Tampa police pulled Moffitt over near the St. Petersburg Times Forum and arrested her for drunk driving.

In their 25 minute meeting at the jail, Unfried said Moffitt continually cried and admitted she was an alcoholic.

Unfried says Moffitt told her she couldn't afford rehabilitation. Unfried pledged to help her.

Linda Unfried also says Kelly Moffitt denies drinking right before she drove in this latest arrest on Monday. Moffitt told her the last time she drank was at 3:30 in the morning. She was arrested around 9:30 in the evening. Experts say it's possible, but highly improbable to remain impaired for 18 hours.

http://www.ksn.com/news/also/7669147.html
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    This past Wednesday Night I arrested a guy coming from an A.A. meeting and fresh out of rehab. His B.A.C. level was .156g%. This was his fourth D.W.I., his third since 2004.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I believe it! One of our traffic deputies responded to a vehicle into phone box, the guy was DUI. I ran his license, and he had 12 suspensions and revocations, all related to DUI, refusing BAC, and failure to appear on DUI.

Oh, and all those suspensions and revocations were still in effect, so he was driving on a revoked license.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey703 View Post
    This past Wednesday Night I arrested a guy coming from an A.A. meeting and fresh out of rehab. His B.A.C. level was .156g%. This was his fourth D.W.I., his third since 2004.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    Some folks just don't get it. I think the penalty for them would be to have them sit next to drunk driver in a vehicle so they can see the terror of a car raging towwars them. Or perhaps towards a brick wall.

Thread Information