Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Damn Poleeces Do it Again...

Teen wounded in shooting by police

June 11, 2007
    BY STEVE PATTERSON Staff Reporter

It was a stupid argument over nothing, really, another war of words between a stubborn teenage boy and his difficult father, relatives said.

Derrick Traylor Sr. went to get his gun, while Derrick Traylor Jr. fled the family house near 71st and Halsted.

They traded shots across a vacant lot, perhaps 20 times, according to a man who didn't want to be named, but who called 911 around 4 p.m.

Just then, a police car was driving west on 71st, taking a suspect to a station, and two officers jumped out. Seconds later, Derrick Traylor Jr. -- who is supposed to graduate today from Robeson High School -- allegedly turned toward police, gun in his hand.

He was shot three times.

"They just jumped out of the car and shot him," a sobbing aunt said. "He would've stopped if they'd said, 'freeze.' "

Police say they told him to drop the gun before firing.

The 19-year-old's father --reportedly firing from a back porch -- was arrested. The teen was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he was in police custody and in stable condition after being shot in the stomach and buttocks, his family said.

Shooting under review

Relatives said the argument between father and son began over a car owned by another brother, and "it was escalated by [Traylor Sr.]," said a cousin, Gloria Jones.

And while the Traylor family acknowledged there was blame to be shared, word that a teenager had been shot by an officer sent waves through an Englewood neighborhood dotted by vacant lots, abandoned houses and signs pleading "Stop. Killing People." As crime-scene tape was lifted, rumblings began in the crowd, with talk of officers involved in other shootings and videotaped barroom beatings.

Contributing: Patrick Rehkamp
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Verified LEO
    I love how these retarded ghetto rats just think we randomly shoot people and how it was our fault that your nephew was a piece of garbage and unfortunately wasn't killed by the police.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

SANDMAN is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    So would you class this as some more Traylor trash then.
    If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal probably isn't for you.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to there level and beat you on experience.

I think thats pretty lame myself.......I mean big deal ya'll have shot and killed alot of people, so has NYPD and LAPD and really the cop beating the hell out of the female bartender, I heard the video made it look worse then it really was! Just kidding my man

Do ya'll have cameras in your cars? Just wondering and if only we could just jump out of cars and shoot people, come on lady nobody says "freeze" anymore! Oh and the most important part less we forget he had a gun and him and daddy had been trading shots at each other. Stupid people rule this earth I swear to God
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

Verified LEO
    I do not want a camera within 200' of my car, nor does any other copper in Chicago. There are cameras all over the streets that we are being watched on so why have one in the car?

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Englewood beasts...I love it
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

I guess its just standard pratice he and most other agencies I have seen. I know all the down side of having a camera that records everything I say and do but, its a God sent that one time you really are in the right and have video to prove it.

I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

Verified LEO
    Even if they just jumped out and shot him, there isn't a problem. He was armed and he was shooting. He is fair game. Camera or no camera it wouldn't matter. Now it would be a problem if the kid was shot and they didn't have a weapon.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    It's a dumbass statement by a dumbass retard that has no concept of what the job is all about. They aren't aware that in a dangerous situation we don't have to yell "freeze" because that allows us to become the next target. We are not paid targets, and I for one will not become one. I will take the shot before the BG even knows I'm there in a situation like that.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    How does one Freeze anyway?

Lets me see here guy running down the street shooting...hummm I would have shot him too. Why are they putting up signs about killing this kid. He's still alive?
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpuclik2 View Post
    How does one Freeze anyway?

Lets me see here guy running down the street shooting...hummm I would have shot him too. Why are they putting up signs about killing this kid. He's still alive?
    No there are signs all over the neighborhood because all these animals do all day is rape rob pillage and kill.

They look like this

It is more sad that both of these pieces of garbage are still alive. More proof that coppers need to practice more at the range. They complain about everything the police do in that community. We are the "occupying force".

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Then fence it off and move the troops elsewhere.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Man View Post
    Then fence it off and move the troops elsewhere.
    Believe me there are 2 simple solutions to the crime in Englewood, one involves the complete surrounding of the neighborhood by National Guard tanks and the other solution involves a tactical nuclear weapon.

Just wanted you guys to know that I have been telling people to "Freeze" all day since this post............and its not working! Shocker

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Moral to this story... If you don't want to die by gunfire, don't shoot at people, or at least drop the weapon immediately when the police arrive.

Adios, dumbass... hope there are no more like you at home.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56 View Post
    I love how these retarded ghetto rats just think we randomly shoot people and how it was our fault that your nephew was a piece of garbage and unfortunately wasn't killed by the police.
    But this way y'all will probably have a chance to shoot him all over again, if he's the type of idiot who wears his scars like a badge of honor instead of learning lessons.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information