Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Talking If You Do a Hit-N-Run, Don't Do It In the Police Parking Lot

http://www.star-telegram.com/arlingt...ry/137850.html
    Woman hits cruiser, arrested

By Mitch Mitchell
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

A woman might have gone too far in driving her point home Thursday night in Arlington.

She followed a man she was arguing with to the main police station on Division Street, where her car hit a parked police cruiser, said police Sgt. Donald Fulbright.

She left, but this time she was followed -- by an officer who saw the wreck.

She was arrested about five blocks away. In the meantime, the man went on his way.

No word on what caused the argument.

The woman was jailed, facing a charge of leaving the scene of an accident, and could face additional charges pending an investigation.

"Alcohol may have played a factor," Fulbright said.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Some people are just stupid.

In December I was at the Jail in the radio room when they received a call about a stolen car. Before I could get out of the door one of the dispatchers stopped me and told me that they just saw the car pull into the parking lot. I drove my unit around to the front and parked it behind the vehicle so it couldn't leave. Just as I was putting my car in park I saw the reverse lights come on and the driver look behind him. Not thinking that he would still back up, I started to get out then bam this a$$ clown backed into me. I was in shock, like I know he didn't just it my car. Well it gets better, the driver puts the car in drive pulls forward, puts it in reverse again and hits my car for the second time. I couldn't believe it, the only thing I could say was you just hit my f*cking car. The driver gets out and says " Aww bro, I didn't see you ". So after I calmed down I asked him what he was doing and he tells me " Man I just borrowed this car from this chick I know, man all I was gonna do was come and see my boy". I get him booked in and I'm walking out of the jail and he says " Hey bro, no hard feeling huh. I wasn't trying to hit your car or get away, I just can't drive. I just wanted to holla at my dawg ". I told him, well BRO now you get to share a cell with him and wash his back in the shower.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I had a similar thing happen in the parking garage at work - Lady forgot her card, so she looks in her rear view mirror and starts to back up. I see that she had plenty of room to back up & get out of line, so I just say there.

Well, she decides that she needs about twice as much room, so she backs right into me... She was only going like 1 MPH so no damage done - I take my car out of gear & move back a couple of other feet, and she damn near backs into me again, with me blowing at her the whole time. She jumps out of her car appoligizing, gets back in when we see that there's no damage, then when she gets out of line, I see her circle around and get back in line behind me.

I had no idea why she did that (figured maybe she found her card), but then I looked in my mirror and the gate came down across her hood. She was trying to slip in - I kept going. She cooulda parked in visitors & told the guard not to tow it like we usually did, but she was too dumb to ask

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Leaving scene MVA property damage only = summons in NY. Department vehicle involved (even parked) = supervisor has to handle the job though. I'd stop the vehicle, get her paperwork, and then call for a boss.

Thread Information