Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jackalope is offline Yell O

Man Gets 2 DUI's in Day From Same Cop

Man Gets 2 DUI's in Day From Same Cop

By Associated Press
    June 13, 2007, 5:03 PM EDT

MISSOULA, Mont. -- A man was cited for drunken driving twice in the same day, by the same officer, and jailed after authorities said he showed up drunk for his arraignment.

Court records said Adam T. Lundgren, 42, was cited for misdemeanor drunken driving after being spotted driving erratically at 5:30 p.m. Monday.

He was later released to a sober friend, but jumped from the friend's car and returned to downtown Missoula, where he continued drinking, court records said.

At about 10 p.m., Lundgren drove into a bridge railing and started to run away. Witnesses captured him and held him until police arrived.

Officer Cody Lanier of the Missoula Police Department again cited Lundgren for drunken driving, along with reckless driving and failing to heed a stop sign.

Lundgren posted $700 bail later Monday night, but was jailed Tuesday afternoon after showing up drunk for his Municipal Court arraignment, court records said.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That guy has a problem...
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Haha, what a nice guy
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

phantasm is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    NYPD doesn't release DWI. They hold them for arraignment.

K9brando is offline Fun In The Snow!
    Verified LEO
    I have an officer on my shift (an awesome DWI officer) that got the same guy three times in one night about two weeks ago. He got him early in the evening. He was under the age of 21 so it is called a provisional DWI here. He was taken to the police department and processed and released to a family member. Here in NC when you get a DWI, you are automatically suspended for thirty days. About two hours later, the officer saw the same car and decided to check on a hunch. Sure enough, it was the same guy and again a DWI, only this time the car was seized because we can seize a vehicle if you are DWI and your lisence is suspended. This time he was taken to jail. About 4 hours later, the officer was pulling up at a store to get a drink and saw the same guy get into a car and drive off. He got him again and seized another vehicle. Talk about idiots.
    I'm ready for spring!

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I just am amazed that anyone is still releasing a drunk anymore...

It's just dumb luck that this guy didn't hit anyone else.

Here, we generally impound the car for safekeeping, and the driver stays in custody until he's sober. We may release the car at the scene to a licensed, sober driver with the consent of the owner. And juvies are released to their parents, as a general rule. (Takes a lot to get the intake officers to put a kid into detention... They'll charge the folks with neglect before they lock the kid up...)

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Sheeesh...

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

K9brando is offline Fun In The Snow!
    Verified LEO
    We are no longer allowed to keep someone until they sober up unless we just dont have anybody to come and get them. Our jail is so overcrowded, it's just not possible!
    I'm ready for spring!

Big-Mo is offline Banned
    I have had two cases where the drunk drivers spotted me following them and in one case, the driver was in a truck with a buddy and they switched places by buddy sliding over and the driver got out and crossed over in bed of the truck and into the passenger side. Both of the occupants were drunk and appropriately booked and BOTH stupidly consented to take the test and failed.
    The other case was funnier whereas the drunk driver being a female, was weaving on the road but not ALL from drunk as the other subject in the car was teaching her to drive at 2am in the morning. As I fell in behind them, she tried a curve and struck a parked car. She got out and surveyed as I was exiting my vehicle, the passenger slid over and drove off with her jumping in the passenger side and me in pursuit. A very slow erratic pursuit. Then the driver struck a parked car whereupon it didn't take much to take them into custody. They also both consented and failed and he was a EIGHT TIME LOSER on DWIs and booked for felony. This one really made my day and overtime and courttime, etc.
    I LOVE DWI's and more than often let some ordinance violations go (with conditions) but some did manage to come back and unlock there cars with extra key as I had locked there keys inside but I sat a block back and made the arrest for STUPIDITY!! I prefer State or Fed Dwi's for the overtime and consequent pay that comes with it.
    Will you all do me a favor, not ONLY take care and be safe BUT when making a DWI arrest in ANY form, ALWAYS call a mobile DWI truck or take them to a DWI testing area and even IF they want to refuse, get it on TAPE.... I always did this and let them sit and again advise them of Const Rights and then the State Miranda concerning DWI rights and driving rights, etc. During this they ALWAYS talk whether it is angry or sorrow talk or yell or complain or beg. Then the tester readvises them of the conditions and they either refuse or take the test and EVEN IF a refusal, it IS ADMISSABLE in court and more times than ever the judge views it or on trial, the jury and ONCE THEY SEE IT, they are GONE.
    I had one attorney keep continuing there case hoping one of us cops wouldn't show and it would get thrown out. Both I and the tester (with the tape) showed up each time. The attorney finally copped a plea which angered the judge due to over 6 continuances. The judge has us go into chambers and he wanted to view the film and once he did, he took the plea and gave the suspect MAX punishment AND fine, WE LOVED IT !!!
    You ALL take care and be safe and C.Y. A.

Cheech Guest
    Ive had that happen

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Mo View Post
    ALWAYS call a mobile DWI truck or take them to a DWI testing area and even IF they want to refuse, get it on TAPE.... I always did this and let them sit and again advise them of Const Rights and then the State Miranda concerning DWI rights and driving rights, etc. During this they ALWAYS talk whether it is angry or sorrow talk or yell or complain or beg. Then the tester readvises them of the conditions and they either refuse or take the test and EVEN IF a refusal, it IS ADMISSABLE in court and more times than ever the judge views it or on trial, the jury and ONCE THEY SEE IT, they are GONE.
    Definitely need that video!!!

I was a juror on two DWI trials, but only one had video tape of the intoxilyzer room. It made it much easier to convict - She was wobbling all over the place, asking the police where she was, why she was there, she kept walking away from the line they told her to stay on, etc. It was pretty obvious that she was plastered.

There was a lot of arguing in the jury room of the other trial without the tape, and we almost had a hung jury - We finally convicted her & gave her 4 years because she was still on probation - But during the guilt/innocence phase, we were not allowed to know her conviction history. We could have easily had a hung jury because some jurors were simply not convinced that she was impared.

Her boyfriend was her attorney, and he had trained her well on how to stall to make the alcohol level drop - She first agreed to a breath test, but "couldn't" blow hard enough. So she agreed to a blood test. But by the time they got to the hospital, she refused the blood test and wanted to try the breath test again - So they made another trip across the county. By that time, she was borderline 0.1, which was the limit back then.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information