Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jackalope is offline Yell O

Bob Barker endorses Rosie O'Donnell to host The Price is Right

Barker Says O'Donnell Could Replace Him

Jun 16 07:04 AM US/Eastern

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on "The Price Is Right," although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show.
    "I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

Barker said his friendship with O'Donnell goes back several years, when she had him as a guest on her old daytime talk show.

"She told me she loved `The Price Is Right' and wanted to host it one day," he recalled.

Among those mentioned as possible replacement hosts have been Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley.

Barker retired last week at age 83 after 35 years of giving away vacations and cars on the hit CBS game show. But he said he may be back with some specials featuring vintage clips and guests.

"If it works out, I'd like to do that," he said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

No way in hell, Bob.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

WTF!?!?!?!?! NO WAY IN HELL!!

If this happens to an American class like the Price Is Right, I'm leaving the country.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know
    Whether or not I'd consider Rosie O'Donnell a lady, I don't know... yeah I do... and no, I wouldn't.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Bob Barker is sexier than Rosie O'Donnell. I agree- she's too bull-headed and ignorant to fill those shoes. Although she probably has higher testosterone levels...
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

NCC1701 is offline Meat Popsicle
    Rosie is a nasty pig inside and out (confirmed by my buddy The Donald).
    The Price is a classic show, I hope she does not put her psycho 2 cents into it.

I would not mind painting some numbers on her big ass and rolling her around the stage in place of the big wheel!
    I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders-
    Ted Nugent

Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face!

Former member of Cortinian Liberation Front and the JSA MACHATOC.

Operator13 is offline Just Another Voice
    If the models thought the sexual harassment was bad with Bob Barker, wait'll they get hassled by Rosie !
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    In the words of Happy Gilmore " Looks like the price is wrong Biotch ".
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    I donít know why they continue to keep **cough cough** Women..**couch cough** like Rosie O'Donnell and Woppie Goldberg around.
    Both are grotesque and not funny at all.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC1701 View Post
    Rosie is a nasty pig inside and out (confirmed by my buddy The Donald).
    The Price is a classic show, I hope she does not put her psycho 2 cents into it.

I would not mind painting some numbers on her big ass and rolling her around the stage in place of the big wheel!

Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Jackalope is offline Yell O

UPDATE: O'Donnell turns down job offer

Rosie will not come on down to 'Price is Right'
    Controversial comedienne declines to move to L.A. for game show

Posted: June 25, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The price may have been right, but the location was not.

Rosie O'Donnell has turned down an offer to host "The Price Is Right" because she did not want to relocate to Los Angeles where the show is taped.

O'Donnell was offered the job of replacing Bob Barker, the long-time host of the game show. O'Donnell has indicated she would take the job if it was offered Ė telling readers of her blog: "I LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT."

Barker retired earlier this month after 35 years as the show's host.

Among those also reportedly in the running are Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton, John O'Hurley and Drew Carey.

Barker gave his partial backing to O'Donnell, the controversial comedienne recently fired from ABC's "The View," but later he said he was not endorsing her over any other candidate.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

The openly lesbian O'Donnell lives in Nyack, N.Y., near New York City, with her female partner and their four adopted children.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Thread Information