Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO

Shootings in Melbourne, Australia -Work for Wombat?

'He Pulled Out A Gun And Shot Them All'

Updated: 08:17, Monday June 18, 2007
    A manhunt is underway in Melbourne after a gunman killed one man and critically wounded two other people during a rush hour rampage.

Police inspect the deceased's body

The suspect fled following the downtown shooting in Australia's second largest city.
    Several streets are closed and people have been advised to stay indoors as armed officers fan out and helicopters join the search overhead.
    Witnesses claim a woman - who was one of the victims - had been struggling with and man before the shootings.
    "A girl came out of a building over the road, she was screaming and a guy had her by the hair," Ross Murchie told Australian Broadcasting Corp.

"She tried to grab hold of a taxi that was going by and the couple of bystanders went over to ask what was happening.
    "He let go of her hair, pulled out a gun and shot them all."
    Police Inspector Steve Martin said the woman and one of the men who went to assist were rushed to hospital in critical condition with gunshot wounds to their chests.
    The third victim died at the scene, he said.
    The gunman opened fire on the corner of Flinders and William Streets in central Melbourne during the Monday morning rush hour.
    Melbourne commuters fled the attack

The attack sent hundreds of panicked bystanders fleeing in terror.
    Police said they had recovered a handgun and a jacket believed to have been worn by the attacker, who remained at large.
    Police said the gunman and the female victim may have been involved in a fight at a nightclub about 10 minutes before the shooting.
    "It does appear that there was a relationship between the female and the male suspect," said Inspector Glenn Weir said.
    "Certainly we're not looking that it's a random act, certainly not gang-related. It appears as though it's a domestic-related incident."
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Verified LEO
    So come on Wombat650 you're in Melbourne, what's the latest?

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Tony is offline Banned
    The shooter is a Hells Angel member on bail for serious assaults in Queensland and Fraud in New South Wales.

The guy shot dead was a lawyer and was only doing the right thing.

His jacket, 9mm gun and cell phone were found dumped in a construction site.

The other guy is still critical but the girlfriend is stable.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for 29-year-old Christopher Wayne Hudson, who was shot during a brawl on the Gold Coast last year.

In today's shooting a 43-year-old solicitor from East Hawthorn died when he tried to help a woman being assaulted at the corner of Flinders Lane and William Street.

The 24-year-old woman and another man were also shot and she is in a serious condition; while he was critically injured.

It is believed the gunman was involved in an assault of a woman earlier in King Street.

A gun was found near the scene of today's shooting and Detective Inspector Stephen Clarke says it is undergoing forensic tests.

Tony is offline Banned
    June 19, 2007 10:07am

THE third person shot by a gunman in Melbourne's central business district yesterday was a Dutch backpacker, police said today.

The tourist, who is in critical condition with gunshot wounds to his upper body, apparently came on the scene of the shooting by chance, Detective Inspector Stephen Clark said on ABC radio.

"He's from overseas, I believe on an extended holiday around the world, so we've contacted his family over in Amsterdam, and they're heading down to Australia," Det-Insp Clark said.

Asked whether the man was a backpacker who happened to be walking by the scene at the corner of Flinders Lane and Williams Street, Mr Clark said: "I believe so, yes."

A spokesman for the Royal Melbourne hospital said the man remained in the intensive care unit today.

"He is in a critical condition and is in intensive care," the spokesman said.

A spokeswoman for The Netherlands' consulate in Melbourne said no statement would be released today by the consulate nor the man's family.

The man's name and age have not been released.

A 43-year-old lawyer, Brendan Keilar, was killed in the shooting, and former Sydney model Kaera Douglas, 24, was seriously injured.

"She is in a serious, but stable condition, also in the intensive care unit," the hospital spokesman said.

Police are hunting for the alleged gunman, Christopher Wayne Hudson, 29, who is known to them and is described as extremely dangerous.

Tony is offline Banned
    THE suspect in yesterday's shooting is a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang connected with a vicious public gun battle in Queensland last year. He is also wanted for questioning over an incident in which shots were fired near police trying to pull over a black Mercedes-Benz in Melbourne's outer north this month. Hudson was believed to be driving a Mercedes-Benz that police tried to pull over about a week ago near the intersection of Somerton Road and the Hume Freeway, Campbellfield, about 3am. Police say someone fired shots indiscriminately from the window, forcing police to back off.

The suspect, Christopher Wayne Hudson was shot in the jaw and back in a riot between members of the Finks and Hells Angels in Queensland, in March last year. Three people were shot and two stabbed.Four were bikies, and the fifth was a teenager caught in the crossfire. The brawl was at a kickboxing event at the Royal Pines Resort, Southport, before about 1600 people. The fight was allegedly sparked by Hudson defecting from the Finks to the Hells Angels and encouraging others to follow.

Hudson was also a suspect in NSW for assault and 40 fraud-related offences.

Police believe the simmering feud between the Hells Angels and the Finks relates to control of the growing market for drugs on the Gold Coast nightclub strip. Hudson was recruited by the Angels because of his links to local nightspots. He has strong connections with bikie chapters in Queensland, Sydney and Melbourne, and is closely associated with a group of bikies involved in attempts to pervert the course of justice and intimidate witnesses. In recent weeks he was seen with a senior Hells Angel, a man considered one of the most dangerous in the gang. Under Hells Angels rules, members are expected to protect a "brother" wanted by police.

"Detectives say they have yet to confirm a motive for the shooting. Police say bikies and their known associates have invested in hotels and nightclubs, and have run strippers and illegal prostitutes around Australia. They claim a group of bikies has tried to buy a legal brothel using friends with no criminal records to establish a Trojan-horse front. Outlaw motorcycle gangs in Australia have a history of killing innocent bystanders who stumble into their wars.

In 2001, when members of the Gypsy Jokers wanted to kill a former Perth CIB head, Don Hancock, they placed a bomb under the car of his best friend, Lou Lewis, a retired bookmaker. Both were killed.

On Father's Day, 1984, a girl, 15, was one of seven people shot dead in a gun battle between Comancheros and Bandidos, which became known as the Milperra Massacre.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Australia - the new wild west?
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Police are hunting for the alleged gunman, Christopher Wayne Hudson, 29, who is known to them and is described as extremely dangerous.
    I'll jot that line down on the 2007 list of monumental understatements...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I'll jot that line down on the 2007 list of monumental understatements...
    . . they used the word extremely . . . you don't think they could say he's a f***ing mad dog c***, well do ya???

Hawk1 is offline Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Pics 5 and 9 are of me with my favourite toy, taken by a newspaper whilst at this job. The shooter will turn up sooner or later. Either he'll hand himself in, or be knocked by the two OMCG that he has been associated with. Either way, it was a bad situation.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gal...020-10,00.html
    "Contrary to popular belief, you will not rise to the occasion, but will fall to the level of your training"

Verified LEO
    Bit grey at the temples there old feller. And you do know you can get light weight reading glasses these days?

Verified LEO
    yeah, this job will do it to ya!

I might retire those tac goggles. My new ESS V12's have been the source of much amusement to my mates outside of my unit. Still..I'd rather look weird for an hour, than not to be able to see at all due to splashback or worse.

Terrible what happened though. I do feel sorry for the deceased's family.
    "Contrary to popular belief, you will not rise to the occasion, but will fall to the level of your training"

Verified LEO
    News just off the TV now, the shooter has handed himself into police.

Let me guess..he was up on meth for three days, he was abused as a child and his dog wouldn't play with him. Its not my clients fault, you honor..spare me.

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1 View Post
    News just off the TV now, the shooter has handed himself into police.

Let me guess..he was up on meth for three days, he was abused as a child and his dog wouldn't play with him. Its not my clients fault, you honor..spare me.
    I think he caused too much heat on the Hells Angels and his mouth-piece has been talking to the homicide squad, so the c*** should be locked up for a long time.

The State Govt has started a trust fund for Brendan Keilar's family, they kick started it with $250,000.

Verified LEO
    Yep, lets hope so. Would be a bit of pity if associates of the Angels and Finks happen to run into him inside, eh?

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1 View Post
    Pics 5 and 9 are of me
    I see you are the only one who appears to be worried about protecting the old crown jewels!
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorwaycop View Post
    I see you are the only one who appears to be worried about protecting the old crown jewels!
    LOL ~ he thought no one would notice, that's why he wears the glasses!!!

Verified LEO
    Hey you two..cut it out! Just looking after the goods

Verified LEO
    Surely the chances of hitting a target that small are very slim?

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Surely the chances of hitting a target that small are very slim?
    *LOL* ~ you two been on the chat together, you seem to know way more about him than the rest of us Trojan???

Thread Information