Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lynnz05 is offline Corporal

Teenager From Elkton Fights Off Alleged Kidnapper

Teenager From Elkton Fights Off Alleged Kidnapper
    Full Story http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/8061652.html
    By Leslie Rupiper

Nely Delgado has no problem remembering what happened in the early hours of Saturday morning. She says a man was coming in through her bedroom window. "When I woke up he was in my room and standing by my bed."

Investigators say the man was 20-year-old Juan Manuel Rodriguez.

Nely says he was an acquaintance of hers who'd actually knocked on her window several times in recent days, but she says what happened Saturday morning was different.

He tried to push me out the window and was pulling my hair and grabbing my hand really tight. Nely put up a fight and refused to leave with the man.

"I was just like, pushing him out the window and hitting him to get out," she said.

When her parents heard the ruckus and came into the room, the man took off. Police arrested Rodriguez a short time later, thanks to a description from Nely.

Brookings County Sheriff Marty Stanwick says, "She was not hurt and she did everything right."

Of course an incident like this is rare in a tiny town like Elkton. But authorities say it's a reminder that crimes like this can happen anywhere no matter what size the community.

"We still live in an age when we still trust everyone. We still have a lot of ones leave their keys in their car and have unlocked homes and I think this is probably a wakeup call," said Sheriff Stanwick.

As for Nely, she doesn't think Rodriguez wanted to hurt her, but she'll never know for sure.

"I think he just wanted to be with me."

Juan Rodriguez was in court Monday on several charges including kidnapping and burglary. He's scheduled to be back in court Tuesday.

Authorities say Rodriguez is an illegal alien so Immigration and Customs Enforcement has a hold on him.
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Aw, he's just here to work and make a better life for his family. It was a cultural misunderstanding. Let's make sure to give him amnesty.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

lynnz05 is offline Corporal
    Come on guys cut him some slack he just wanted to start a family and thought that she would be the right one for the job. Apparently that's how they do things in Mexico?
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

Thread Information