Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEB
    BEB is offline Banned

Vatican issues Ten Commandments for drivers

Tonight's Top Ten comes from the home office in Rome!

Vatican issues Ten Commandments for drivers
    http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=257898

In these modern times the Roman Catholic Church has decided to cease separation with state and merge.

That's right, in a twist on Moses' tablets of Ten Commandments, the Vatican is tacking on ten more.

"There is a little humor to the whole text to take the Ten Commandments, which is a serious thing and to give them a twist and give them back to us in a practical way," Johan van Parys of the Basilica of St. Mary said.

In a 36-page document titled, "Guidelines for Pastoral Care of the Road", the church is laying down ten laws to be obeyed in traffic.

"It fits within the whole concept with what the Catholic Church is concerned about which is human life in its totality," van Parys said.

Those on the mortal side of things are more than happy for the help.

"I think the state is glad to get help from anywhere and they are helping us with a message of public safety and that's great," state patrolman Chris Edstrom said.

The only prayer from the law is that these commandments do cross over secular lines.

The list of commandments isn't just full of the things you can't do. There are some suggestions from the Vatican for things you might do, like praying while driving.

Time will tell if these modern day commandments can perform the miracle of curing ill will on the roads but you can bet those trying to police them the old fashioned way are rooting for it.

"It's bound to do some good," Edstrom said.

1. You shall not kill.
    2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
    3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
    4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.
    5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
    6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.
    7. Support the families of accident victims.
    8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
    9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.
    10. Feel responsible toward others.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    I will do 8 with gusto.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    I'm partial to #3 myself. Why flip someone off when you can wave and maybe make a friend instead of an enemy?

Maybe Brad can use #6 to tie this into his upcoming article on "Why old people should have their licenses taken away"

Thread Information