Welcome to the APBWeb.
    MountainCop Guest

Denver - Another Federal Agent's IDs, Weapon Stolen

Note: My pager service carried this as it happened - they did put out a BOLO. Wondered when it would make the news...

My question: He could carry anywhere, so why the hell did he leave his gun AND credentials in the car? I always carry my creds on my person.

MC

Another Federal Agent's IDs, Weapon Stolen
    FBI Agent's Car Taken While He Was At Stock Show

POSTED: 5:24 pm MST January 23, 2006
    UPDATED: 7:05 pm MST January 23, 2006

DENVER -- The credentials and handgun of another federal agent has been stolen. This time, it occurred outside the National Western Stock Show in Adams County.

Thieves stole the private vehicle of a Denver FBI agent, but they got more than just a Ford truck.

The FBI agent parked his truck in a lot at 58th and Franklin, which is used for overflow stock show parking. When the agent returned from the event, he found that his vehicle had been stolen.

According to the Adams County incident report, the agent had left his personal .40-caliber Glock handgun inside with a magazine of ammunition. What is more disturbing is that he also left his FBI badge and federal identification unattended and they were also taken.

This is the second time in a month that a Denver federal agent has lost his credentials and weapon. In December, a federal air marshal had a Sig Sauer .357-caliber handgun and his identifications stolen from his truck in Westminster.

The Joint Safe Streets Crime Task Force is now investigating the FBI theft. There is concern that someone could duplicate the IDs or impersonate an agent.

Meanwhile, the agents in both cases face disciplinary action for not maintaining their weapons and government property.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We keep shaking our heads at this BOLO...

these guys kill me. If you're gonna leave it in the car, you may as well just leave it at home. I thought feebs were supposed to be smart?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Curt581 is offline Whatever
    Verified LEO
    We had a DEA agent do the same thing in my area about 18 months ago. Last I heard, they still hadn't recovered the gun.... but they did find the car.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt581
    We had a DEA agent do the same thing in my area about 18 months ago. Last I heard, they still hadn't recovered the gun.... but they did find the car.
    What about the Agent's head??? Did they find it? If not, I suggest they check his 4th point of contact.

Curt581 is offline Whatever
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    What about the Agent's head??? Did they find it? If not, I suggest they check his 4th point of contact.
    Oh, they found the head almost immediately.

It was wedged firmly up her ass.

Thread Information