Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Aspiring model who rang in the new year by driving drunk and grabbing a Trooper's genitals gets jail time

PORTSMOUTH An aspiring model who rang in the new year by driving drunk will serve three days in jail for grabbing her arresting trooper's genitals.

Taryn McCarthy, 21, of 529 Union St., pleaded guilty in Portsmouth District Court on Monday to aggravated driving while intoxicated and two counts of simple assault. In exchange for those pleas, the court imposed an additional suspended jail sentence, fines, a loss of license, alcohol treatment and orders that she write letters of apology to two state troopers.

Related Stories
    Model charged for groin-grabs files motionsPolice assault alleged Through her guilty pleas, McCarthy admitted she was driving on Route 1 at 3:20 a.m. New Year's Day, before she was stopped by troopers who administered Breathalyzer tests revealing her blood alcohol concentration to be 0.16.

During the administration of two breath tests, McCarthy told Trooper Nicholas Cyr she would punch him in the face, then threw a punch and struck another trooper. McCarthy also admitted to grabbing Cyr in the genital region while reading a police form and after being told not to touch him.

Three assault charges dropped in exchange for her guilty pleas alleged she grabbed the trooper's groin three additional times.

For one of the simple assault convictions, Judge Stephen Morrison sentenced McCarthy to six months in the Rockingham County House of Corrections, with all but three days suspended pending her good behavior for two years.

For the second plea to simple assault, she was given a six-month jail sentence, with all of it suspended pending two years of good behavior.

Morrison also ordered McCarthy to write letters of apology to the two arresting troopers within 30 days and to be under the supervision of a probation officer for two years.

For the aggravated driving while intoxicated conviction, she was fined $750 and lost her license to drive for 18 months.

McCarthy was represented by public defender Joseph Prieto.

Since her release on $5,000 cash bail, she has been court ordered to live with her mother, observe an 8 p.m. curfew and get a job. In a previous petition to the district court, she sought exemption from her curfew for an alleged modeling assignment, but was denied.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Exactly how hard was this grab?
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Looks like she was beat up?
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    She reminds me of Angelina Jolie - only because they both need some Preparation H for the other end of the alimentary tract. (the beat up woman look does nothing for me)

Sorry Taryn, you're not going to be a model. I hear Burger King is hiring.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BEB View Post
    She reminds me of Angelina Jolie - only because they both need some Preparation H for the other end of the alimentary tract. (the beat up woman look does nothing for me)

Sorry Taryn, you're not going to be a model. I hear Burger King is hiring.
    Perhaps she will make a "model" inmate...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    I don't care who you are that's funny right there

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I've never before seen lips that would actually cause wind resistance before. Damn. That's a hell of a lot of collagen injections.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Ianl6 is offline Dreamboy First Class
    What a MOOSE she was hit hard with the ugly stick.
    Public conscience message board
    post on a board with a heart.

http://dreamboyuk52.proboards60.com/index.cgi

Thread Information