Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Rev. Al's at it again...claiming people care more about missing white girls than missing black girls

The Rev. Al Sharpton yesterday demanded the black community make a stir over the disappearance of two young black women from Brooklyn, arguing anyone who ignores the cases is a "traitor."

Chanel Petro-Nixon, 16, vanished on her way to a job interview in Bedford-Stuyvesant on Father's Day in 2006. Her body was found two days later in a trash bag.

Stepha Henry, 22, of East New York, disappeared over Memorial Day weekend in Miami, where she was last spotted leaving for a nightclub. She remains missing.

Police have made no arrests in either case.

"This is a disgrace," Sharpton said at his Harlem headquarters.

The civil rights activist charged that the black community's lack of outrage says it's okay for black women to disappear. "You are a traitor to our community if you inadvertently sit back and say nothing," he said.

Both women were Brooklyn-born honors students. Henry graduated recently from John Jay College of Criminal Justice in Manhattan.

The Daily News has joined with the city and private organizations to offer $33,000 in reward money for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Petro-Nixon's killer. The News also paid to print hundreds of posters calling for the public to help catch the killer.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Hum... I knew the other girl was missing... guess his claims are unfounded...

**Shrugs**

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    God, I hate him.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Someone needs to tell Sharpton to STFU!

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    What an ASS CLOWN !!!

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Hey! Sharpton

Attachment 760
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Well, at least he's criticising blacks for not caring - That's a first.

Maybe he should also mention that blacks are most often killed by blacks (and whites by whites - people are usually murdered by people who they know).

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    It's not that people don't care that black girls are missing- it's that the leftist media that he's a whore for care more about white girls missing. But he's not about to bite the hand that feeds him, is he?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    It's not that people don't care that black girls are missing- it's that the leftist media that he's a whore for care more about white girls missing. But he's not about to bite the hand that feeds him, is he?
    No truer words were ever spoken - Remember the hundreds of hours of airtime that they spent on the Natalee Holloway case in Aruba?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The Rev. Al Sharpton yesterday demanded the black community make a stir...
    That's called "inciting to riot".

...arguing anyone who ignores the cases is a "traitor."
    That's called "slander."

The civil rights activist charged that the black community's lack of outrage says it's okay for black women to disappear. "You are a traitor to our community if you inadvertently sit back and say nothing," he said.
    That's called "fallacious reasoning".

The Daily News has joined with the city and private organizations to offer $33,000 in reward money for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Petro-Nixon's killer. The News also paid to print hundreds of posters calling for the public to help catch the killer.
    That's called being supportive and proactive, and not just running your fat, ugly, ignorant mouth. Al should take notes.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. In that, I mean that the arrested is black while the deceased is white. I'm waiting for him to say the suspect was arrested and the coverage is so heavy because of racial issues.

Thread Information