Welcome to the APBWeb.
    CO_Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

DENVER: Officer, man hit by car during foot chase

Just saw this today.. ColoradoCOP, you know this guy?

VIDEO:
    http://www.9news.com/video/player.aspx?aid=36688&bw=

DENVER A police officer and another man were both hit by an unmarked police car during a foot chase on Tuesday afternoon.

The Denver Police officer had pulled the man over at East Colfax and Hudson. When the officer approached the car, the man ran. SKY9 was there as the foot chase began.

The officer knocked the man down about a half block later. The man got up to run again and that is when the unmarked police car hit them both. The man was thrown several feet into the street and the officer went up on the hood.

It is not clear how severe the injuries were, but the man was picked up and put in a patrol car.

More than 10 other police cars responded to the scene and Colfax was shut down for a time due to the investigation.
    "Regulators, we regulate any stealin' of his property and we're damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street. You gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep, Regulators! Mount up!"

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Ouch thats messed up. Remember guys to look were your going the idea is not to hit those that are in the same uniform as us .

Hope the officer is ok.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I just read that. I would love to hear more details!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CO_Cop View Post
    Just saw this today.. ColoradoCOP, you know this guy?
    Yeah, I was on this deal too... Though I was not shown in the 9news video of the apprehension... (I did get 2 seconds or so of airtime with Fox 31... I hate being on the news... just saw the video on their site).

I posted the story over in the Last Night's Shift section, prior to noticing it here.

Officer is okay, suspect is less than okay... more details in the other section

Thread Information