Welcome to the APBWeb.
    rebeljcl is offline The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was

Baton Rouge Police Officer Fired

"Starting tonight we're having a little sales contest. The loser gets fired. The winner gets a Water Pik."

"IF you don't want to stand behind the troops....PLEASE feel free to stand in FRONT of them!!" unknown

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    WTF? Article was kinda short.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Wow. First I've heard of it.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

ipso608 is offline S W A M P M A F I A !
    Heard nothing about it, but I just text a friend that works for BRPD to see what the deal was.
    "People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours!"

" A Society That Wages A War Against Its' Police, Had Better Learn To Make Friends With Its' Criminals."

www.myspace.com/bufordhebert

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    They went to an apartment for a noise complaint and one of the officers supposedly kicked this guy in the junk.
    http://media.swagit.com/s/wbrz/The_A...222007-27.html
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    ...one of the officers supposedly kicked this guy in the junk.

Sounds like the officer went nuts.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Nowhere near enough info, and only the guy's side of the story, not even a doc saying the injuries are consistent with what he's claiming. Personally, those marks on his arms don't look like drag marks like he's claiming, I've seen road rash and that isn't it.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Nowhere near enough info, and only the guy's side of the story, not even a doc saying the injuries are consistent with what he's claiming. Personally, those marks on his arms don't look like drag marks like he's claiming, I've seen road rash and that isn't it.
    Yea this is only one side of the story, and you know how the "Victim" looks when he is all cleaned up and alcohol free sitting next to his lawyer. I will wait for the rest of the story before I cast judgment.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I think its quite obvious what happened. The officers observed that the the girl purported to be the suspect's girlfriend was pretty friggin' hot, and completely disbelieved that any skinny-assed, snaggletoothed, palefaced geek like him could actually land her, so they surmised that she had been kidnapped and she was obviously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. When he turned to go back into the house, he was going to take her hostage again... and, well... the rest is history.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    rebeljcl
    The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was

Verified LEO

Is this another "family" member I didn't know about? Hmmm
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Meet rebeljcl, lew. Yes, he's another member of the Swamp Mafia, recruited from Baton Rouge. He's a made guy.

Reb, take a moment to introduce yourself in the section provided. Glad to have you aboard!

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

That from the nunnery
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I think its quite obvious what happened. The officers observed that the the girl purported to be the suspect's girlfriend was pretty friggin' hot, and completely disbelieved that any skinny-assed, snaggletoothed, palefaced geek like him could actually land her, so they surmised that she had been kidnapped and she was obviously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. When he turned to go back into the house, he was going to take her hostage again... and, well... the rest is history.

No doubt. Amazes me....
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Sounds a little fishy. I'd like to hear both sides. Plus if 2 officers were involved why is he only going after one of them?
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper_132 View Post
    Sounds a little fishy. I'd like to hear both sides. Plus if 2 officers were involved why is he only going after one of them?
    Maybe he's the only one who actually got the gal's phone number??

Ok, ok.. all joking aside. If this dude got ruptured by a cop kicking him (especially while in cuffs), justice needs to be done.

Slamming a guy who does not pose a threat or aggressive resistance gives us all a bad name, and shouldn't be tolerated. If this is what happened, the cop (ex-cop) just made this guy a millionaire at the expense of his own livelihood. Congratulations, dummy.

That from the nunnery
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    B.R. officer fired after excessive force investigation
    7/21/2007, 8:00 p.m. CDT
    The Associated Press

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) The Baton Rouge police chief has fired an officer accused of forcing a handcuffed man to the floor, kicking him hard enough to burst an internal organ, then using pepper spray on him.

Nathan Davis was fired Friday, after an internal investigation found that he used excessive force against Brian Townsend, 29, who has filed a lawsuit claiming that one of the officer's kicks ruptured his bladder.

Told that Davis had been fired, Townsend said, "No way! No way! I can't even describe how I feel right now!"
    Chief Jeff LeDuff made Davis' dismissal effective immediately, and the police department will forward the case to the FBI for review, police spokesman Sgt. Don Kelly said Friday.

"I have never been more proud of a police chief and officers in internal affairs in my lifetime," Townsend's lawyer, Aidan Reynolds, said Friday.

Townsend said four operations have left him with a 10-inch scar from his navel to his groin.

Police were sent to Townsend's house about 3 a.m. March 4, during a going-away party he was giving for a friend.

"Apparently someone decided there were too many cars in front of his house. Then he got handcuffed, pepper sprayed and brutalized for hours," Reynolds said.

Davis and Officer Nicholas Batiste were "very aggressive and confrontational" when they arrived, according to the suit, which names Davis and East Baton Rouge city-parish government as defendants. The suit, filed in March, says Townsend was calm and curteous but Davis tackled him to the ground.

After handcuffing Townsend, the lawsuit says, Davis kneed him in the back so forcefully that he defecated. It says Davis used pepper spray on Townsend when he asked why he was being arrested, and again at the Highland Road substation, where he was made to lie on the floor and ridiculed by other police officers, the lawsuit says.

It says Townsend's pleas for medical help were ignored for 30 minutes.

"My client cares more about this officer being not allowed to brutalize other human beings more than this lawsuit," Reynolds said. "He's been terrified that this cop's still running around on the street with a badge and a gun."

Davis, 29, had spent four years with the Police Department as a member of the uniformed patrol division, Kelly said. He declined to elaborate on the investigation further, saying it was a personnel issue.

Townsend, a manager at Chili's, spent 108 days on medical leave due to his injuries. His first day back at work was Friday.

"For both of these huge events to happen in the same day just kind of seems like karma," Townsend said.

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisi...list=louisiana
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Meet rebeljcl, lew. Yes, he's another member of the Swamp Mafia, recruited from Baton Rouge. He's a made guy.

Reb, take a moment to introduce yourself in the section provided. Glad to have you aboard!
    I'd like to tell ya more ...but hen I'd have to kill ya'

"Starting tonight we're having a little sales contest. The loser gets fired. The winner gets a Water Pik."

"IF you don't want to stand behind the troops....PLEASE feel free to stand in FRONT of them!!" unknown

Actually if ya'll really new i was originally from Breaux Bridge, I dont now if that makes me deeper in "the family" or i should anticipate a gator head at some point.

Thread Information