Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Talking Man Leads Cops on High-Speed Chase Over Sick Cat

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....c85629fc.html
    Monday, July 30, 2007

DALLAS — A man who said he was rushing his sick cat to the veterinarian led police on a high-speed chase through Dallas and neighboring suburbs that lasted for more than an hour Monday afternoon.

The chase, carried live on several local TV stations, ended with the driver pulling over and officers tackling him.

Click here for a photo essay from MyFoxDFW.com.

The man appeared to have blood on his head as officers led him away after the chase ended in Richardson, off busy Highway 75 just north of Dallas.

The man told reporters at the scene that his cat was dying and he was rushing to get the animal to a veterinarian. When asked why he didn't stop, the driver said he was hoping that pursuing officers would quit following him.

NOTE: Although this report doesn't mention it, TV reports said that officers later found out that the man has up to 40 other cats in his house, and dozens of dogs in his garage. They may seek a court order to remove them. Local shelters have reported to police that this man has been banned from local animal shelters and put on a "do not allow to adpot" list, because they discovered that he had so many dogs and cats. He is known as a "collector"

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    I saw the chase on tv but you have got to be kidding me right!
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    I'd have told him I was going to take the cat to the Chinese restaurant for a special stir fry I like.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    I'd have told him I was going to take the cat to the Chinese restaurant for a special stir fry I like.
    I don't like cats... but that is grosssssss

Oh - and I left out the part about him on TV where a neighbor claims that he told her and another woman that he'd shoot her and cut her head off, when she told him that he had too many cats...

Reportedly, one of the women then called 911, and he repeated the threat in the phone for the 911 operator.

You just can't make this stuff up

(\__/)

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Oh - and I left out the part about him on TV where a neighbor claims that he told her and another woman that he'd shoot her and cut her head off, when she told him that he had too many cats...

Reportedly, one of the women then called 911, and he repeated the threat in the phone for the 911 operator.

You just can't make this stuff up
    Can't fix stupid.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Talking Man in Dallas chase had dead cats in freezer

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....cd19bbcc.html

04:22 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 31, 2007
    By JAMES RAGLAND / The Dallas Morning News
    jragland@dallasnews.com

Editor's note: Read James Ragland's column on this story Wednesday on dallasnews.com and The Dallas Morning News.

A different and darker picture emerged Tuesday of a man who led police on a high-speed chase purportedly to get his sick cat to a veterinarian.

Ron Teague told reporters on the scene Monday that his cat was dying and he was hoping that constables would stop chasing him.

On Tuesday, Dallas city animal service officials and local SPCA agents visited Mr. Teague’s home in East Dallas and found several dead cats inside a refrigerator and freeze, said Maura Davies, senior director of communications for the SPCA of Texas. She described the home as “filthy.”

Officials also found at least 38 live cats and kittens as well as 11 dogs and puppies,

“We don’t know how many dead animals will be recovered from the freezer,” Ms. Davies said Tuesday in a cell phone call from the man’s house.

Each of the dead animals included a handwritten note detailing when and where the animal died at the man’s house, she said.

The dead animals were sitting in the fridge “right next to a gallon of milk that was half drunk,” Ms. Davies said.

Mr. Teague, who could not be reached immediately for comment, has been charged with “evading arrest and detention” and was in the Dallas County Jail Tuesday. His bond was set at $50,000.

Mr. Teague led Dallas constables on a chase that reached speeds as high as 90 mph through several cities and at least two counties Monday afternoon. The chase began in Garland and went all the way to McKinney in Collin County before Mr. Teague turned his SUV around and was forced to stop in Richardson.

Tuesday afternoon, the SPCA was taking the live animals to its facility in McKinney, Ms. Davies said.

It’s unclear what additional charges Mr. Teague may face, but Ms. Davies said his wife “was cooperating” with officials.

Ms. Davies said the SPCA had received a complaint in the past few days about Mr. Teague “hoarding” animals at his house and was planning to investigate before the routine traffic stop occurred.

(\__/)

SaraJ is offline Banned
    I think the word "depraved" was invented to describe someone like this guy. I will not tell my 6 cats about this. It will only upset them.

Thread Information