Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO

Police seek 'professionals' who removed St. Paul man's testicles

A bizarre medical request and a botched surgery lead police on a search to find the missing suspected quacks.
    By Allie Shah, Star Tribune
    Last update: August 06, 2007 11:48 PM

It doesn't get much stranger than this.A St. Paul man, complaining of chronic pain, wanted to have his testicles removed. When conventional medical staff refused to do the job, he hired other "professionals" to take off his testicles, according to a search warrant affidavit filed Monday in Ramsey County District Court.
    Two to three people operated on the man, Russell Daniel Angus, 62, a couple weeks ago at his home in St. Paul. He was unconscious during the surgery, and when he woke up, his testicles were gone.
    And so were the "professionals."
    His groin area was bleeding heavily, so he called his daughter. She called for help. When police arrived, they found a makeshift operating room set up in the upper level of the house. There were bright lights, an apparent operating table, medical supplies and equipment, and a camera. Angus was still bleeding, and there was blood in the living room, hall and bathroom, the affidavit said. He was taken to Regions Hospital.
    Since then, St. Paul police have been looking for the people behind the botched surgery, suspecting that it was an illegal medical procedure. Only those licensed to practice medicine in Minnesota may perform a medical procedure here. Angus wouldn't say who the mysterious practitioners were, telling police that he didn't want to get them in trouble.
    His wife, Anna Marie Angus, told police that her husband spends a lot of time on the Internet and uses a computer kept in a lower level bedroom. She said he uses that room because he has limited mobility. The daughter told police that she didn't want them to search her father's house, the affidavit says.
    Police searched the home in the 600 block of York Avenue on July 28, looking for a list of items including blood, medical instruments, fingerprints, documents discussing medical procedures, computers, and testicles. Court documents show they seized three specimen jars, medical supplies, a camera, a computer CPU, and other items.
    "Based on my knowledge and experience, I know that it is not common or usual for a licensed medical practitioner to perform surgery in the non-sterile environment of a private home," wrote Sgt. Richard Munoz, in court documents. "I also know that it would be highly unusual, unprofessional and likely negligent for a licensed medical practitioner to perform surgery and then leave a patient before the patient recovered from anesthesia and/or fail to provide immediate follow-up care."
    St. Paul police spokesman Tom Walsh said he has seen a lot in his years on the force, but this case is remarkable. "I have never in my life seen anything quite like that."
    Allie Shah 651-298-1550 ashah@startribune.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Speechless, other than WTF????
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    how would you like to take that report

Well sir what your saying is you had stomach pains, googled a doctor and got an address to come to the top floor of an apt where someone who had a white coat on told you to lay on the table and you were going to have surgery and you had no red flags going off. You actually thought "ok" this is alot cheaper than going to a doctor and better than doing it myself.

Come on I know what happened you figured if a farmer can castrate a pig then why the hell cant a farmer castrate you....right.

All travelers to MN beware of the traveling castrators, if you come to MN to get castrated you may find yourself loosing more than you thought

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    I guess his insurance isn't going to cover this one.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    His groin area was bleeding heavily, so he called his daughter. She called for help. When police arrived, they found a makeshift operating room set up in the upper level of the house. There were bright lights, an apparent operating table, medical supplies and equipment, and a camera. Angus was still bleeding, and there was blood in the living room, hall and bathroom, the affidavit said. He was taken to Regions Hospital.
    Since then, St. Paul police have been looking for the people behind the botched surgery, suspecting that it was an illegal medical procedure.
    I think the F.B.I. would call it a clue...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Hi Everybody!

Hi Dr. Nick!

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Thread Information