Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

This story will be on America's most Wanted on Saturday

My unit has been part of this investigation and this case has been getting high profile status. This story will be aired on America's Most Wanted this Saturday. Please watch and get the info out to help bring justice. Unfortunately, I can't get into details but it looks promising.

Thanks
    RSA

Arrest near in horrifying murders?

Students shot execution-style in Newark

By Jeff Rossen

(Newark - WABC, August 8, 2007) - There is talk that police may have a suspect in the execution-style murders of three students in Newark. The reward being offered in that horrifying case has increased dramatically. It's now a whopping six figures.

Eyewitness News reporter Jeff Rossen has more live from Newark.
    The execution-style murders remain a mystery: Three seemingly good kids, college kids, killed for no reason.
    Tonight Eyewitness News has learned police are on the trail of at least one of their suspected killers. According to published reports, the single, surviving victim, 19-year-old Natasha Aeriel, picked the suspect out of a photo array from her hospital bed.
    Killed in the grisly attack were Aeriel's brother, 18-year-old Terrance; 20-year-old Dashon Harvey, and 20-year-old Iofemi Hightower. Those three were forced to kneel against a wall and were shot in the back of the head at close range.
    Law enforcement officials say prosecutors could issue an arrest warrant as soon as today.
    In a news conference this afternoon, Mayor Cory Booker wouldn't confirm much, saying only "I will not be specific on any rumors and I will simply tell you we have encouraging leads. And that is really all we're going to say at this point."
    It's still unclear who did this and why. Theories range from robbery to a gang initiation.
    School security cameras at the scene were not rolling tape at the time. Today a Newark city official confirmed the cameras were tampered with in the 24-hours before the killings, raising new questions.
    Newark Police Director Garry McCarthy said today, "Whether it was pre-meditated, whether there were gang implications, they're very secondary to what we're doing. That possibility exists, of course it does." Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontura took it a step further, saying anyone wandering the streets at night should be considered suspicious.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5552637

</H1>
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I've been following that and I really hope that the killers are found and brought to justice.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

just an update

Again, I really can't go into details.but looks very very very promising. (only had 1 hour of sleep in the last 34 hours)

http://www.amw.com
    http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_221093124.html
    Second Suspect In Newark Executions Surrenders

15-Year-Old Boy Apprehended Wednesday Night; Other Suspects Still May Be At Large

(CBS) NEWARK Just moments after Newark Mayor Cory Booker announced a murder warrant was issued for the arrest of 31-year-old Jose Carranza in the schoolyard executions that claimed the lives of three college students last weekend, Carranza turned himself in to Essex County police with his attorney at his side.

Booker also confirmed a 15-year-old boy was apprehended Wednesday night in connection to the shootings. Police apprehended the teen Wednesday night before issuing a murder warrant for Carranza shortly before noon Thursday.

The teen's identity was not released due to his age. Carranza is also known as Jose La Chira.

Booker said police used ballistics and forensic evidence to target the suspects after a fingerprint was lifted from a beer bottle at the scene.

The attorney for Carranza, Felix Montalvo, who Booker said he is very friendly with, called Booker to tell him he had the suspect in custody. Booker then agreed to meet with Montalvo and Carranza at 22 Franklin Street where police took the suspect into custody.

Booker's disdain toward Carranza was very apparent in his voice when reporters asked about his encounter with the suspect.

"I had absolutely nothing to say to this individual," he emphasized. "I don't think words can describne the level of emotion of I feel about this individual and all these individuals and what they've allegedly done to these families. I really cannot express it to you what they've done."

Essex County Prosecutor Paula Dow added there could be more arrests to come. "We believe that others were involved in this heinous crime," she said. "We're looking for them.

Booker would not elaborate on how many other suspects were at large, but says law enforcement officials are actively pursuing them. "We have very storong leads. I am confident all the suspects in this case will be apprehended," he said. "I want these killers off our streets."

Digg This Story!

Carranza is accused of three counts of murder, four counts of robbery, and one count of attempted murder.

The attempted murder charge is for a fourth victim in the attack, 19-year-old Natasha Aeriel, who's currently recovering and has been able to identify at least one of her attackers.

Despite being under sedation for periods, she has provided authorities with information about the shootings.

"She's gone through a tremendous tragedy," Mayor Cory A. Booker said. "We're working with her to the extent that doctors will allow."

Ms. Aeriel's 18-year-old brother Terrance Aeriel, along with their friends, 20-year-old friend Iofemi Hightower and 20-year-old Deshawn Harvey were all forced to kneel by a wall behind Mount Vernon School in Newark where they were each shot in the head.

All four were students at Delaware State University and had never been involved in a crime before.

There were reports that police believed the shootings were gang related after the name of a gang sect was allegedly spray painted near the scene, but officials said Thursday that there was no reason to believe the murders were a result of gang activity.

Authorities have said robbery could be the motive.

The killings brought unwanted publicity to the city, which has struggled for years with violent crime. On Wednesday, Booker again sought to assure the public that the crime would be solved.

"We are determined to find all those responsible for these heinous acts," Booker said. "We have encouraging leads on this case."

Security cameras that may have provided clues may have been vandalized in the 24 hours before the shootings. Two cameras mounted high on the side of the elementary school where the killings took place were found hanging by their wires by technicians, according to a security official for the Newark school district.

The three friends will be buried Saturday in separate services.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Davia is offline Officer First Class
    Thats awesome news.. I will keep my eye out for this story on AMW..

Thread Information