Welcome to the APBWeb.
    kateykakes Guest

Sheehan Considers Challenging Feinstein

Yahoo.com

By IAN JAMES, Associated Press Writer

CARACAS, Venezuela - Cindy Sheehan, the peace activist who set up camp near President Bush's Texas ranch last summer, said Saturday she is considering running against Sen. Dianne Feinstein to protest what she called the California lawmaker's support for the war in Iraq.

"She voted for the war. She continues to vote for the funding. She won't call for an immediate withdrawal of the troops," Sheehan told The Associated Press in an interview while attending the World Social Forum in Venezuela along with thousands of other anti-war and anti-globalization activists.

"I think our senator needs to be held accountable for her support of George Bush and his war policies," said Sheehan, whose 24-year-old soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq in 2004.

Feinstein's campaign manager, Kam Kuwata, said the senator "doesn't support George Bush and his war policies."

"She has stated publicly on numerous occasions that she felt she was misled by the administration at the time of the vote," Kuwata said by phone from California.

But with troops committed, Feinstein believes immediate withdrawal is not a responsible option, Kuwata said.

"Senator Feinstein's position is, let's work toward quickly turning over the defense of Iraq to Iraqis so that we can bring the troops home as soon as possible," he said.

Sheehan accused Feinstein of being out of touch with Californians on the issue.

She said she would decide whether to run after talking with her three other adult children. The Democratic primary will be held in June, and candidates must submit their statements for the voter guide by Feb. 14.

Kuwata said Feinstein and Sheehan appear to have a fundamental disagreement over whether troops should be pulled out right now. "That's why they have elections, and if she decides to file (paperwork to run), so be it," he said.

Sheehan said running in the Democratic primary would help make a broader point.

"If I decided to run, I would have no illusions of winning, but it would bring attention to all the peace candidates in the country," she said.

Sheehan, 48, who lives in Berkeley, Calif., said she would head to Washington on Sunday for protests against Bush's State of the Union address on Monday, and then return to California to discuss her idea of running against Feinstein with her son and two daughters.

"I can't see if they think it's going to help peace that they would be opposed to me doing it," she said.

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kateykakes
    Sheehan accused Feinstein of being out of touch with Californians on the issue.
    Pot, kettle...

"If I decided to run, I would have no illusions of winning, but it would bring attention to all the peace candidates in the country," she said.
    Get over yourself...

mxwelch is offline Kalashnikitty
    Somebody to the LEFT of Feinstein!? That's just what we need. Sheehan should be in jail for sedition and probably visiting an illegal country, (I think). What a disgrace to her son.

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    What exactly would make that woman go away???

mxwelch is offline Kalashnikitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mem
    A 173 grain Sierra boattail. Did I just type that?

J/K, I still believe in the 1st, even though I'd like to choke her.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mem
    two to the chest, one to the head.

Any volunteers?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Wise_undergrad_08 is offline Master Officer
    me
    "A nation, as a society, forms a moral person, and every member of it is personally responsible for his society."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Cotton candy don't get wet until it's in your mouth.

Geez this woman protests non-stop. Can we all go protest her or something? Maybe we cold ban together and have an anti Cindy Shithan protest. Of course, as with any protest there is a possible risk of injury to any and all assholes present, so maybe as a good gesture I'll go ahead and get her the get-well card inow nstead of waiting until after. I'll also try not to lose any sleep over it although that may be difficult.
    "A nation, as a society, forms a moral person, and every member of it is personally responsible for his society."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_undergrad_08
    Geez this woman protests non-stop. Can we all go protest her or something? Maybe we cold ban together and have an anti Cindy Shithan protest. Of course, as with any protest there is a possible risk of injury to any and all assholes present, so maybe as a good gesture I'll go ahead and get her the get-well card inow nstead of waiting until after. I'll also try not to lose any sleep over it although that may be difficult.
    Unfortunately, she's in love with hearing herself whine incessantly and the media is just eating it up.

And if she get any more liberal, she will probably prove space is curved and bend back around towards conservative. Of course, right now she would fit in nicely with any communist regime that would have her.

IMHO, what she really needs to do is get over her grief and shut the f**k up.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainCop
    IMHO, what she really needs to do is get over her grief and shut the f**k up.

I'll second that.

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_undergrad_08
    I'll second that.
    yup, she needs to shut her manpleaser or put it to use doing what the good lord intended it to.

Quote Originally Posted by 213th
    yup, she needs to shut her manpleaser or put it to use doing what the good lord intended it to.

You are so dirty.

P.S. I love it. *growls seductively*

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Ken K is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th
    Yuck...just plain yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken K
    Yuck...just plain yuck!
    lol true...I shoulda thought of who I was talking about when I said that.

I'm gonna puke I think

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    Hrrmmmm whom to support? An enemy of Feinstein's.....but the enemy is Sheehan.....decisions....
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Support neither!!!!!

Yay! Anarachy. Oh wait..that's what there is now. Fine... support neither and try to get someone better in office.

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Thread Information