Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lynnz05 is offline Corporal

I take a day off and this is what happens...

Murder Investigation Underway in Brookings

The Link

By Leslie Rupiper

Brookings Police and the Division of Criminal Investigation are piecing together an apparent homicide at this hour.
    The investigation is focused around a mobile home in Normandy Village.
    That's at 521 12th Street South in Brookings.
    DCI parked a trailer outside of the mobile home in question. Throughout the evening agents could be scene removing items from the house including this couch. Neighbors say a man and his teenage son shared the home.
    Neighbor Melanie Drexler says, "I never really talked to him except once a couple nights ago and the father seemed like he was a very nice guy."
    The investigation comes as a huge shock to Jessie Nelson and her boyfriend, Kyle. They lived in this mobile home just months ago.
    Former Resident Jessie Nelson says, "Crazy. Definitely crazy. I mean that the fact that we used to live there. It's insane. I can't believe it would happen here."
    Melanie Drexler lives across the street and has watched the investigation unfold. She's still surprised by what she's hearing.
    Drexler says, "Worse things have happened in other places. Nicer places. But they just don't happen in a small town like Brookings."
    Neighbors are saying that the man who lived in this home was shot to death and that his son is in custody.
    But Police are not yet confirming that information or saying whether a body has even been found. Brookings Police say the investigation is ongoing. Stay with KSFY throughout the weekend for the latest on this case.

What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    A murder happens in your area, while you're off. Hmmm. Have you been questioned yet?

http://keloland.com/videoarchive/ind...081007homicide

Here is a link to a different news website that has a video. I spotted two of the deputies I work with (Our investigator is the one that comes and holds the door for the other guy about 8 seconds into the video and than another deputy is the guy that is just standing with the door open about 42 seconds into it) otherwise it's mainly the city police, since it's their "turf". It's kind of crazy, shit like this doesn't happen around here.

I do enjoy this line though "But those who live nearby say the investigation is something they would rather not have in their neighborhood." It's like "oh no shit?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    A murder happens in your area, while you're off. Hmmm. Have you been questioned yet?
    I came home to Minnesota right after work (an hour away) and was with Bek the entire time

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lynnz05 View Post
    I came home to Minnesota right after work (an hour away) and was with Bek the entire time
    Yeah, like he's a credible witness.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Yeah, like he's a credible witness.
    Lmao thats just not right in so many ways, yet still so funny.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    awwww... ****buddies

yeah I am sure he will """"cover"""" you

dork
    lol
    you started it.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    awwww... ****buddies

yeah I am sure he will """"cover"""" you

dork
    lol
    you started it.
    I'm confused....

I'm confused....
    You're not the only one.

You're not the only one.
    Ok Good

New information

Two Charged With First-Degree Murder In Brookings

Two men have been charged with first-degree murder in connection with a missing man in Brookings, and officials continue to look for more clues to what may have happened.

Brandon Brody and Jon Rogness, both 19, are in custody after the disappearance of 47-year-old, Brian Brody. The investigation is ongoing.

Brookings police officers stood guard at trailer number 74 at the Normandy Village Mobile Home Court, as Division of Criminal Investigation officials looked for evidence into the disappearance of Brian Brody. Police say Brody, who lived at the mobile home, has not been heard from since early Thursday evening. Lt. Jeff Miller says, "There's evidence at the scene that indicates foul play, so we feel pretty certain there is a victim, we just can't find him at this point."

But officials were able to find his 19-year-old son Brandon Brody and his friend, Jon Rogness, also 19. Both have been charged with first-degree murder and are each being held on $1 million bond. Officials say Brandon lived in the home with his father. Miller says, "We feel pretty comfortable making those arrests."

And Miller says the Brookings Police Department, the South Dakota DCI, the National Guard and other organizations are actively searching for Brian Brody's body. Today they searched the Fish Lake area, near rural Astoria, where officials say Rogness is a resident. They also say they'll be searching in other undisclosed locations. Miller says, "We're looking at a number of areas where the body may have been disposed of."

Officials say anyone with information about the investigation should contact the Brookings Police Department.
    Another son of Brian Brody's lives in the trailer next door, number 72. Officials say he has been questioned but is not a suspect. We will bring you more information from Brookings, as the search develops.

So I've fallen a bit behind because I'm not really sure if anyone cares about this but they found the body, out by a lake, burned and all and the boys have been to court once and are set to go back on Friday, while I'm working =). Here are the two other stories that have came out.

Body of Brookings Murder Victim Found
    By Lisa May

After more than a day of searching, the Brookings Police Department believes it has located the body of a Brookings murder victim. An agent with the South Dakota Department of Criminal Investigation reportedly found a body near Oak Lake in northern Brookings county late Saturday afternoon, which is believed to be that of 47 year-old Brian Brody. On Friday police arrested his 19 year old son, Brandon Brody, and another 19 year old, Jon Rogness, for first degree murder.
    On Friday the Department of Criminal Investigation removed a couch and other evidence from the mobile home where Brian Brody and his son Brandon live. Authorities continued that investigation on Saturday morning, calling the home a murder scene even though a body hadn't been located yet.
    "There is evidence at the scene that indicates foul play," said Lt. Jeff Miller of the Brookings Police Department. "We feel pretty certain that there is a victim. We just can't find him at this point."
    Before finding the body, teams of volunteers and law enforcement officials spent the day searching the land around Fish Lake near the small town of Astoria. The area is more than 30 miles from Brookings, but close to where Jon Rogness, one of the suspects, lives. "We are following information from people outside of our interests, that are witnesses or bystanders, people who may have other information that may know both parties," Lt. Miller said. "So we're following up on the information that they're providing us."
    But late Saturday afternoon, a National Guard helicopter assisting the search focused on nearby Oak Lake, after authorities received a new tip. Brookings Police say a DCI agent soon found a body they believe is that of Brian Brody.

New Court Documents Filed in Brookings Murder

http://www.ksfy.com/news/9139441.html By Kent Erdahl

New court documents filed in a Brookings murder allege that a 19 year-old is responsible for shooting his father late last week. 47 year old Brian Brody of Brookings is dead. His 19 year old son,Brandon Brody, and another 19 year old, Jon Rogness, were arrested for first degree murder on Friday, and the two appeared in court for the first time Monday. According to court documents, a witness told police that Brandon Brody shot and killed his father some time late Thursday night or early Friday morning, but a motive is still unclear. In Brookings County Court Monday, Brandon Brody asked for a court appointed attorney along with his friend Jon Rogness. The South Dakota DCI spent Friday and Saturday gathering evidence from the mobile home where Brian Brody and Brandon Brody lived together. According to documents there were signs of foul play at the scene, and police say the investigation revealed that both Brian Brody and Jon Rogness played a part in the murder. Both suspects remain in custody on one million dollars bond. On Saturday, authorities found what they believe is Brian Brody's body near Oak Lake which is close to Astoria, where Jon Rogness was living. According to court documents the body was also burned. The body underwent an autopsy in Sioux Falls, but Brookings County State's Attorney Clyde Calhoun says its identity is still not confirmed.

Oh, and then there is this which I found interesting. She seems like something else..

Murder Suspect's Mother Speaks Out
    8/15/07
    http://keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=25,59952

CAPTION: Brandon Brody
    The mother of 19-year-old Brandon Brody is talking for the first time about her son.

Brody and Jon Rogness are in jail charged with murdering Brody's father, 47-year-old Brian Brody. While Brody and Rogness remain locked up awaiting their next court appearances.

Brandon's mother didn't want to go on camera, but she had a lot to say about her son and ex-husband.

Tammy Brody says "Brandon is a good person, his life has been shattered because of an evil man."

She says her ex-husband, Brian, was a violent man.

"He was very abusive to me, I had a restraining order against him," Tammy said.

Tammy says Brian just moved to Brookings from California around Easter this year.

She says Brandon graduated from Deubrook High School and had joined the Brookings National Guard and was attending school at South Dakota State University.
    Tammy didn't want to say too much, until she has a chance to talk with Brandon, but she did add this.

"Brandon knew he had a dad, but hadn't seen him in 17 years. When Brandon turned 18, suddenly Brian shows up back in his life. I can't tell you what all went on in Brookings, because I wasn't there, but I know Brian isn't the victim," Tammy said.

According to court documents Brandon Brody is the one who pulled the trigger.

Authorities found a body over the weekend, who they believe is Brian Brody, buried near Oak Lake. An autopsy is being performed.

Don Jorgensen
    2007 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.

Brody's Brother Told Police About Murder

Video

The two 19-year-old men charged with murder in Brookings claim they didn't do it. But the brother of one of the suspects says otherwise.

Brandon Brody and Jon Rogness pleaded "not-guilty" to killing Brody's father, 47-year-old Brian Brody Sr. But a court document unsealed Tuesday reveals details of the murder that Brian Brody Jr. told police, linking the two men to the crime.

When police arrived at the Normandy Village mobile home park in Brookings, they found a .22 caliber shell in the driveway, and inside mobile home #74, a blood spot on the carpet and a saw lying nearby.

The brother of murder suspect Brandon Brody was the one who called 911. He told officers Brody admitted he killed their father, Brian Brody Sr.

Brian Brody, Jr. gave police more details of what happened the night of the crime. He said he knocked on his father's door at 1:45 a.m. His brother Brandon answered and admitted shooting their father with a .22 caliber rifle.

Jon Rogness was there and said that the 47-year-old man instigated it.

Brian Jr. says the two 19-year-olds were planning on cutting the blood spot out of the carpet with the saw.

When police arrested the two men, they saw blood on Brandon Brody's clothing. He told them the bleeding came from a paper cut that happened while he opened a can of chewing tobacco.

Investigators say the stories given by Rogness and Brandon Brody conflict with each other.

They both admitted firing weapons, but deny causing injury to Brian Brody, Senior. And they both claimed to have no knowledge of his whereabouts.

Investigators found Brian Sr.'s body burned and buried near Oak Lake, which is located near Astoria, Rogness' hometown.

The trial for the men is tentatively scheduled for December, but it's still unclear whether they'll be tried together or separately.

Lou Raguse
    2007 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    Me thinks SOMEbody's lieing. It's all pretty confusing at the moment but I'm sure as time goes by, and the boys talk some more, things will straighten out.

Thread Information