Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: "Jimmy Justice"

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO

"Jimmy Justice"

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/08/post.html#posts

Click the links to see 2 of the videos he shot. Listen in the first one when he says "What are you going to do, bite me with your gold tooth?"

This guys an asshat.

Cameras capture illegally parked cops

Posted: Friday, August 17 at 05:00 am CT by Bob Sullivan

"Jimmy Justice" shoves his camera in the face of a New York City parking enforcement officer who left her car in front of a fire hydrant. He starts filming and he taunts her.
    "You're supposed to be enforcing the law, and here you’re breaking the law," he says with all the outrage he can muster after his camera caught her shopping at a drug store while parked by the hydrant. "What do you have to say for yourself?"
    She rolls up the window and drives away, but not before offering the traditional New York single-fingered farewell wave.
    Jimmy Justice -- he keeps his real name a secret for obvious reasons -- stalks New York streets looking for official parking cheaters to film. Finding them never takes long. “Justice” talked to MSNBC.com as long as we promised not to reveal his identity.
    "Writing summonses is not about public safety; it's about revenue,” says the vigilante. “These people are tax collectors. It makes the whole system into a big joke when they violate laws."
    If you've ever seen a cop break the law with seeming impunity, you'll cheer Jimmy Justice when you find his video clips on YouTube. The confrontations are irresistible. ("I'm good at pushing other people's buttons," the 36-year-old budding filmmaker says.)

Jimmy Justice catches an official parked at a hydrant during a fire.

In one clip, he shows a parking officer buying food at a deli while her car is parked at a hydrant. All the while, fire engines roar in the background; there's a fire down the block.
    "You ought to be ashamed of yourself!" he screams as she returns to her car. She walks away without responding. "Justice" says he's got 28 hours of video showing enforcement officers shopping at places like Victoria's Secret while double-parked or leaving their cars at bus stops.
    The use of video cameras to catch misbehaving police officers has a long, controversial history. Most readers will remember the video of the Rodney King beating, which ultimately led to the 1993 Los Angeles race riots. But "CopWatch' projects date back at least to the 1960s and a project conceived by the Black Panthers to document racially motivated police abuse. Many cities around the country still have cop watch-style programs devoted to filming arrests to ensure fair treatment of suspects.

While those videos exposed dramatic police brutality, the YouTube phenomenon has taken video patrolling of patrol officers down a notch, enabling videographers to document everyday "above the law" behavior.
    There is nothing violent about unfair parking ticket policies, but they do evoke emotionally charged responses.
    Jimmy Justice is just one online vigilante seeking to expose those who park "above the law." A New York City-based Web site named UncivilServants.org is dedicated exposing official abuse of city parking passes by government workers. It encourages residents to send in photographs of illegally parked city cars, which it publishes anonymously.
    "There is a culture of misuse that has evolved over generations," said Wiley Norvell, communications director for the site. "People are clamoring (for justice). This is a huge problem."
    In a recent entry, titled "No Standing Anytime ... that includes haircuts," the site published a photo of a private car with a city permit parked illegally near a hair salon.
    "I personally witnessed the driver pull into the spot and walk into Astor Hair. I happened to be getting a haircut there too," the writer said.
    UnCivilServants.org is designed to embarrass city hall officials into clamping down on illegal parking. It's run by Transportation Alternatives, a nonprofit group that advocates cycling and mass transportation. Having residents anonymously submit photographs allows them to report "above the law" behavior without fear of retribution. That's a serious concern, Jimmy Justice says, claiming he's been punched and pushed around by cops he's filmed, though he provided no video evidence of that.
    UnCivilServants.org, launched in April, goes to great lengths to expose the illegal parkers, in some cases filing Freedom of Information Act requests to identify the drivers and report them to managers.
    Jimmy Justice catches an official parked illegally while shopping at a drug store. She defends herself by saying she had "feminine" needs.

The site also gives law enforcement officials a chance to explain their behavior; many have offered comments explaining the need to park illegally while performing official duties.
    "We had a real dialog with the community," Norvell said.
    Anyone who's ever received a parking ticket will think "turnabout is fair play," and visitors who watch Jimmy Justice embarrass city officials risks developing a serious case of schadenfreude. But these turn-the-tables sites are not inevitably successful. A similar blog named Arlingtonparking.blogspot.com, based in the Washington D.C. suburb, caused a ruckus for area officials back in 2006, then went silent in the fall. Attempts to reach its author were unsuccessful.
    Still, seeing the popularly of the Jimmy Justice videos and UnCivilServants.org Web site shows many drivers may be reaching the boiling point over parking tickets and their use as a revenue-producing tax -- rather than a legal instrument -- by local government officials. New York City collects close to $600 million in ticket revenue each year, and wrote 10 million tickets. Los Angeles collects $110 million.
    Apparently not all of that money results from traffic and parking violations.
    Recently, four New York City parking officials were arrested for writing false tickets in order to reach pre-ordained quotas. A recent story by WCBS featured video of a police officer writing a ticket for a resident parked in a legal spot.
    In L.A., the city recently admitted it makes 100 to 150 clerical errors every day, issues tickets to the wrong drivers and collects more than $1 million each year from those who pay the undeserved fines.
    Recipients who don't want to go to court had little recourse but to grit their teeth and pay the fines -- until now.
    Now they can turn to video vigilantes like Jimmy Justice or join the movement -- if not for justice, at least for a little satisfaction.
    "I want to inform civilians that they are allowed to make complaints against rogue officers," Justice says. "I don't want people to misunderstand that I am against police. I am against police who abuse their authority.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "I'm good at pushing other people's buttons," the 36-year-old budding filmmaker says.
    Is that a nice way of saying "I'm a complete asshole..."?

If it is, he's accurate.

He'd tote an accurate asswhipping down here, I'm afraid.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I think it would be a safe assumption that somewhere down the line he got a parking cite or two that he didn't agree with.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I think it would be a safe assumption that somewhere down the line he got a parking cite or two that he didn't agree with.
    No kidding! Some of the most angry, wound up callers I get are calling about parking.

Usually, it's about other people parking in front of their house, or cars/boats/trailers being "stored" on the street.

Last week, I had a guy about to pop a vein. He got a ticket for parking in front of his house - facing the wrong way. He was complaining because people park in the bike lane on a major street every day.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO

"Jimmy Justice"

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...8&f=00&fg=copy

I saw this on the news this morning. Comments?

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Man View Post
    Cameras capture illegally parked cops

THis isnt police officers, this guy needs to direct this to parking enforcement....Keep Police out of his mouth. Fuckin idiot.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I wonder what his LEF username is.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I wonder what his LEF username is.
    Its Jenna.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    Welcome to the "Youtube generation" where every out of work swing'in dick wanabe film maker can post their obnoxious nonsense to try and make a name for themselves.
    Obviously its working. Cops / Parking enforcement officers / meter maids what have you always being the easy target for ridicule and all. #@&* him, #@&* him twice.
    If the guy had balls at all he would give his real name.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    Its Jimmy Jagoff to me..

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Gonna get his ass in a bind if he ain't careful. Judging from the tone of his voice he would probably be arrested for simple assault in La.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey703 View Post
    Its Jenna.
    I'm not that obnoxious, am I?

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey703 View Post
    Its Jenna.
    +1 rep sent because you read my mind

Jenna - stop effing with the people
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Wonder how many cops can ID him by voice alone?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    This guy is a little pussy asshole. He doesn't have the balls to film criminals committing crimes because he would get his little fairy ass kicked. I wish someone would bend him over and fuck him good. I hate liberal scumbag irritants like him. They serve no useful purpose. His name should be Jimmy Jizzum.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    http://www.victimsofcops.com/index.php

Look at this site, what a fucking loser this guy is!!!
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Threads merged. Carry on.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

trekgirl is offline Officer First Class
    I just saw some of videos. He has alot of nerve. Its too bad he only picks on the people who can't arrest him. He'll get hit eventually. He'll need the cops for something, or he'll screw up royally and when he does...they are going to have fun with him.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    I would think the screaming in the store would amount to disorderly conduct here, and would result in a night of accommodation's at the Sheriff's Hotel.

Thread Information