Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Illinois State Trooper arrested for ordering people to strip on routine traffic stops

An Illinois State Police trooper demanded that a young couple he found stopped along Interstate 94 strip as an impromptu punishment for several minor offenses, including underage drinking, the man and woman testified Wednesday.
    Both said Trooper Jeremy Dozier ordered them to take off all their clothes and urinate in a roadside ditch last June 16 after he stopped his unmarked squad behind their parked car on a darkened stretch of tollway near Northbrook.
    "He told us we had to strip. He demanded we strip,'' said Maria Boyko, now 19, recounting how Dozier allegedly stood beside her open car door, watching by flashlight as she removed her clothing.
    Boyko and her fiancee, 23-year-old Dimitry Baum, both testified they stripped down to their underwear, but then sped away when the trooper stepped back from their car.
    Dozier, 32, was charged by Cook County authorities with a variety of offenses, including official misconduct, bribery, intimidation and unlawful restraint, after the couple called police on a cell phone to report the alleged harassment.
    Following his arrest, Dozier also was charged in Lake County for allegedly harassing motorists in two similar incidents in Antioch and Gurnee last year. Judge Thomas Fecarotta, who is presiding over Dozier's Cook County trial, has ruled prosecutors can tell jurors about those Lake County arrests.
    As Dozier's trial opened in Rolling Meadows, his attorneys derided as ''a pack of lies" the allegations made against him by Boyko, who works in a suburban jewelry store, and Baum, a college student.
    "Jeremy Dozier was a by-the-book officer,'' defense attorney Ralph Meczyk said. "The charges are nothing but a pack of lies."
    He accused the two, especially Baum, of concocting the run-in with Dozier to cover up some illegal activity, possibly drug use. Dozier, a 10-year State Police veteran, has been suspended since his arrest.
    COUPLE HAD STOPPED TO URINATE
    Baum and Boyko both acknowledged they had been drinking at a nightclub in Chicago before they stopped along the tollway so Boyko could urinate.
    She had returned to Baum's car when Dozier stopped behind them, then gave them both Breathalyzer tests that indicated they had been drinking alcohol. Dozier told the couple he wouldn't arrest them if they suggested an informal, but embarrassing, punishment he could administer on the spot, Baum and Boyko both testified.
    Dozier rejected their requests for probation or community service work, both said, prompting Boyko to suggest something else.
    911 CALL PLAYED
    "I sarcastically said, "Do you want me to strip and run across the highway?' " she testified. "He said, 'You don't have to run across the highway.' ''
    Jurors also heard a taped 911 call in which Baum pleaded for help while stopped along the tollway.
    "The cop is making us take our clothes off. Please help us,'' a panicked-sounding Baum said during the call.
    The dispatcher replied: "No cop . . . takes your clothes off.''
    But during the call Baum gave the dispatcher the license number -- 1596 -- of the unmarked squad car assigned to Dozier.
    After speeding off, Baum agreed to meet a State Police trooper at the Lake Forest oasis to give a statement. But he and Boyko sped away when the state trooper who arrived was Dozier.
    They drove to Baum's parents' house in Wauconda, then called police there.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Sounds like something you would do Term .
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

BrickCop is offline "Shrinkage Proof"
    I don't get it, what did the Trooper do that was wrong again?............

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    Sounds like something you would do Term .
    Oh Chris, you know me all too well...

Quote Originally Posted by BrickCop
    I don't get it, what did the Trooper do that was wrong again?............
    He got caught

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Ok what is wrong with making people strip I do it all the time????

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    I am getting tired of people going back on their word...first it was the hooker who screwed the cop to get off the dope charge and now these two people who all they had to do was get naked to get outta a DWI and other petty offences..man what is this world comming to that people back out of there end of the deal...it torks me off. when can a cop make a deal with someone and they wont "turn them in". Im now scared to make deals with people what am i gonna do for my work time entertainment

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fscf3801
    fscf, you said I was the only one!
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Ruh
    Ruh is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    You know whats bad...I see this article and immediately think:

oooh look...a job opening, better get me an app.
    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother." - Henry V

"Crime does pay, in brass and lead."

This is myspace.

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fscf3801
    You know.........you people are beginning to scare me.

BrickCop is offline "Shrinkage Proof"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mem
    You know.........you people are beginning to scare me.

Listen Mem, you have nothing to fear from those Troopers....unless of course you happen to be a hot chick on a lonely road.

All kidding aside, of course that Trooper is friggin' nuts but the situation is ripe for a little satire.

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    LOL, funny how the camera is never on or positioned away from your naughty activities. My only true fear is getting pulled over by Terminator, he seems a bit overdue.........

Thread Information