Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Police Shooting On the West Side

Police shoot teen on West Side

By Dan P. Blake and Mary Owen | Tribune staff reporters 4:47 AM CDT, August 24, 2007 Chicago police shot and wounded a 17-year-old boy late Thursday night on the city's West Side, police said.

The shooting happened around 10:30 p.m. in the 3900 block of West Wilcox Street near the Delano Elementary School in the East Garfield Park neighborhood, said Interim Supt. Dana Starks.

The shooting resulted after a chase that started on nearby South Springfield Avenue, he said.

A Harrison Area sergeant said the boy was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was listed in good condition this morning.

Starks said the shooting is under investigation.

This makes the 27th police involved shooting. This shooting hits closer to home, one of my best friends and two other officers who are all members of my team were involved in the shooting. We were at the crime scene, but I can't go into details because of the on going investigation. No police officers were injured
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    You gotst to lock and load in the city. Hey bird, what's the number of CPS students that have been shot by gangbangers this year. Last I heard it was around 65-70. That's just amazingly horrible.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Thread Information