Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO

"Attorney did not die? I must be a bad shot"

"Attorney did not die? I must be a bad shot"

Thats what the suspect spontaneously stated to the Detective. The conviction was upheld. Read below....

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=62243

LITTLE ROCK (AP) — The Arkansas Court of Appeals has upheld the attempted capital murder conviction Wednesday of a man who told a Florida detective in a hospital emergency room that he must be a bad shot because he didn't kill his victim.The appeals judges today rejected Allen C. Evans' argument that the comment he made about the shooting of attorney Bill Webster should not have been allowed in court.
    Webster was shot December 27th, 2004, outside his office and Evans was arrested in the shooting two days later in Florida. Shortly after his arrest, Evans collapsed due to high blood sugar and was taken to an emergency room.
    At the hospital, Hernando County, Florida, Sheriff's Office Detective Tony Scarpati introduced himself to Evans and told him everybody would be okay. Evans responded, "That attorney did not die? I must be a bad shot."
    A Craighead County court ruled that Evans' remarks then and later at the hospital to Scarpati were admissible, and a jury found him guilty of criminal attempt to commit capital murder.
    The appeals court ruled that the comment about being a “bad shot” was admissible because it was a spontaneous statement and not the result of questioning.
    (Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    do you think his next lawyer will work a little harder?

Thread Information