Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Truck drivers end pursuit

HUGE props to the drivers!! Glad there are still people out there willing to help!

BIGGS JUNCTION, Ore. -- Three truck drivers helped Oregon State Police troopers capture a man they had been chasing for more than 50 miles, reported KPTV-TV in Beaverton.

Troopers said they arrested 43-year-old Erwin Bartlett, of Chehalis, on Saturday afternoon on Interstate 84.

Police said Barlett's attempt to lose officers started in the Boardman area and ended near the John Day Dam, where the truck drivers blocked the westbound lanes of I-84.

At around 1 p.m., officers tried to stop a red 2002 Ford Taurus that reportedly had been involved in a hit-and-run crash in Union County.

Instead of pulling over, troopers said, Bartlett accelerated to speeds of more than 100 mph on westbound I-84.

Truck drivers on the highway were alerted of the chase and over CB radios coordinated a rolling roadblock using their vehicles.

As the drivers slowed their vehicles to less than 5 mph, Bartlett stopped his car in the middle of the interstate and fled on foot.

Bartlett was taken into custody a short time later and charged with felony attempt to elude in a vehicle and on foot, reckless endangerment of another person and driving under the influence of intoxicants.

Westbound I-84 was closed for about an hour during the vehicle blockage and foot chase
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Good deal! Even some of the more drug addled minds can do the math between a personal vehicle and a semi.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    COOL!!! Its always good to see people help out...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This is just one reason I try and not write truckers.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    The worst little white cross gear jammer still isn't putting on makeup, styling their hair, reading yesterday's TPS reports or watch DVDs while driving. Bad a rep as truckers have with the public, they are at their job when met on the highway. Easy target though.

Ianl6 is offline Dreamboy First Class
    As a truck driver myself i am glad to see some good press about them they done real good there,proves most are pro law enforcement.
    Public conscience message board
    post on a board with a heart.

http://dreamboyuk52.proboards60.com/index.cgi

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post

I'm with ya brother. Sometimes though they just make it a little too hard on themselves. I'd say they're just like the rest of us, 95% of them are great guys and respect their jobs. 5% are morons.

And how many guys do ya'll know that have gone into driving truck from LE jobs. That's almost the norm around here.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    + 100
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage