Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEB
    BEB is offline Banned

Some tips on when to call 911

One post, three stories!
    Not sure why I'm conserving though since stupidity isn't in short supply.

Burnt pizza? Don't call 911.
    Note: If its not too burnt I'll take it.

Looking for FEMA information? Don't call 911.
    Note: Especially don't call from your meth lab.

If you think there are burglars in the attic, call 911.
    Note: Do not set house on fire first

Burned pizza leads to 911 call

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/...309060040/1987

ASHWAUBENON – If the pizza place burns, call 911. If the pizza place burns your pizza, don’t.

That’s the message Ashwaubenon Public Safety Department officers left with the folks at a home in the 2200 block of Carstensen Lane early Sunday evening.

Responding at 6:36 p.m. to several 911 hang-up calls from the home, officers found someone at the home calling 911 because a pizza they’d ordered was burned when it was delivered.
    Officers inspected the pizza and determined that it indeed was burned.

Then they told the caller to call the pizza place with their complaint, and not 911.

After all, burned pizza is an inconvenience, not an emergency.
    Man Fearing Burglars Sets Parents' Home On Fire

http://www.ksat.com/news/14054275/detail.html

SAN ANTONIO -- A man told police that he set his parents' home on fire Wednesday afternoon to chase away burglars he claimed were creeping around the attic.

The man, in his 20s, used a torch-like device to try to chase away people he thought he heard in the attic of the North Side home on Grenadier Way, police said.

The man ended up setting the roof on fire, but firefighters later extinguished the blaze. No one was injured.

Officers said no intruders were found in the home and the man could face charges depending on his mental health.

"If we (are) able to determine (it was a) drug-induced bad trip, (he will) probably face arson (charges)," Sgt. Brian Custard said. "If this is a mental issue that's ongoing, there's no culpability, so (there) wouldn't be any charges."
    Mississippi Man Mistakenly Calls 911, leads Cops to His Meth Lab
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296008,00.html

ESCATAWPA, Miss. — A man trying to call a news station to complain about not getting a FEMA trailer after Hurricane Katrina accidentally dialed 911 and was charged with making methamphetamine after police arrived, authorities said.

Curtiss Randall Coleman was trying to get the number for Biloxi's WLOX-TV on Wednesday just before the 6 p.m. newscast, investigators said. He misdialed when trying to reach directory information and called 911 instead of 411.

When he hung up on the emergency dispatcher, the Jackson County Sheriff's Department was sent to the home to see if anyone was in need of assistance.

Deputies said that when they arrived at Coleman's house, no one answered the door. Officers broke in and allegedly found a methamphetamine lab.

Coleman, 53, and four others were arrested, including Coleman's son, Christopher, 30. A fifth suspect remains at large.
    "It was a calamity of errors on Mr. Coleman's part," said Sgt. Curtis Spears, commander of the Narcotics Task Force of Jackson County.

Along with the Colemans, narcotics agents also arrested Erin Paula Oliver, 35, of Moss Point, and Leslie Renee McMahon, 27, of Ocean Springs. All four were charged with conspiracy to manufacture meth.

A person who answered the phone at the Jackson County jail declined to say whether Coleman and the others had attorneys.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    What do you suppose is the general IQ of the people in these stories?
    Here we have 080 for paramedics. You should hear some of the stories these people tell!

Bird Dog is offline Road Toad
    Ok, I wanted to bring up the 911 hang up where they found a meth lab. I had a discussion with my Cpl about 911 hang ups. If you read the story it says officers BROKE INTO the house after receving a 911 hang up and later dicovered the meth lab. What do you think about that. Should they have the right to force entry into that house?

Elle is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    Ok, I wanted to bring up the 911 hang up where they found a meth lab. I had a discussion with my Cpl about 911 hang ups. If you read the story it says officers BROKE INTO the house after receving a 911 hang up and later dicovered the meth lab. What do you think about that. Should they have the right to force entry into that house?
    He hung up, they didn't know if he was hurt or dead. I'd say yes under those circumstances. On the other side they don't know if some one else is in there with him or if it's a trap he's set up. That's just my unknowledgable opinion.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post

All in how you articulate it. We've made entry before on 911 hangups with no answer on the door.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

cashton is offline Officer First Class
    If it were near dinner time I might respond to the pizza call. Of course the pie needs to be confiscated as evidence. Have a nice day.

Thread Information