Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Rudy Guiliani says illegal immigration is not a crime during Glen Beck interview

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani said illegal immigration is not a crime, prompting rival Mitt Romney to accuse him of not taking the problem seriously.
    The two have clashed for weeks over illegal immigration, an issue that inflames GOP conservatives who influence primary elections. The irony is that both candidates have in the past taken more liberal stands on the issue.
    "It's not a crime," Giuliani said Friday. "I know that's very hard for people to understand, but it's not a federal crime."
    Giuliani's comments came in an interview with CNN Headline News and radio talk-show host Glenn Beck.
    "I was U.S. attorney in the Southern district of New York," he said. "So believe me, I know this. In fact, when you throw an immigrant out of the country, it's not a criminal proceeding. It's a civil proceeding."
    Illegal immigration shouldn't be a crime, either, Giuliani said: "No, it shouldn't be because the government wouldn't be able to prosecute it. We couldn't prosecute 12 million people. We have only 2 million people in jail right now for all the crimes that are committed in the country, 2.5 million."
    He added: "My solution is close the border to illegal immigration."
    The former New York mayor has been defending his city's so-called sanctuary policy, which stopped city workers from reporting suspected illegal immigrants. The policy is intended to make illegal immigrants feel that they can report crimes, send their children to school or seek medical treatment without fear of being reported. It did require police to turn in illegal immigrants suspected of committing crimes.
    A Romney spokesman said the comments show Giuliani doesn't take the problem seriously.
    "His advocacy for sanctuary city policies and his troubling lack of interest in making enforcement of our nation's immigration laws a priority puts him at odds with those who want to secure our borders and end illegal immigration," said Romney spokesman Matt Rhoades.
    Giuliani's campaign accused Romney of showing a lack of interest in enforcement as well, pointing out that as governor of Massachusetts, Romney did not try to punish sanctuary cities in his own state.
    Giuliani spokeswoman Katie Levinson said: "Mitt Romney's position of the hour probably shouldn't be taken seriously considering he rewarded four Massachusetts sanctuary cities with hundreds of millions of dollars in state aid and allowed the illegal population to skyrocket.
    "We'll wait a minute and see if he changes his mind again," she said, alluding to criticism that Romney has changed his position on several issues.
    Also Friday, Giuliani said he would mark the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks Tuesday at ground zero, where the World Trade Center towers stood before the attacks. Some victims' families have criticized those plans, saying presidential politics shouldn't be part of the ceremony.
    "I was there when it happened, and I've been there every year since then. If I didn't, it would be extremely unusual. As a personal matter, I wouldn't be able to live with myself," Giuliani said after touring the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office in Largo, Fla.
    "That's personal, that's not political," he said. "That's a personal thing. I will do that for as long as they have a ceremony out there."

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    he's a damn scab!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Their goes any chance of me voting for Rudy.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Ummm Illegal immigration is not a Federal crime?????? ummmm WTF is the INA, last time I checked we do not lock up people for civil proceeding LMAO!!! What a fucking idiot!!!! There goes my vote...

Wow what a fanfuckingtastic idea close the border to illegal immigration WOW I wish I had thought of that, shit maybe I could be president. Hmmm I wonder how he would close the border to illegal immigration, maybe build a fucking huge moat and fill it with sharks that have friggin laser beams attached to their head!!!! Holy shit I deserve the fucking nobel peace prize now!!!!

What a douche!!!!!

P.S. Illegal immigration upsets me
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    What a waste of space.....he is a idiot...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    That is bullshite, I watched the debate, and I can tell you Thompson (even though he wasn't there) is gonna be the best choice.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Wow. WTF?
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Squirrel503 is offline The Smiley Snickering Squirrel
    So now illegal doesnt mean against the law????

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fed View Post
    Ummm Illegal immigration is not a Federal crime?????? ummmm WTF is the INA, last time I checked we do not lock up people for civil proceeding LMAO!!! What a fucking idiot!!!! There goes my vote...

Wow what a fanfuckingtastic idea close the border to illegal immigration WOW I wish I had thought of that, shit maybe I could be president. Hmmm I wonder how he would close the border to illegal immigration, maybe build a fucking huge moat and fill it with sharks that have friggin laser beams attached to their head!!!! Holy shit I deserve the fucking nobel peace prize now!!!!

What a douche!!!!!

P.S. Illegal immigration upsets me
    Unfortunantly sharks with lazer beams were on back order, but we were able to get mutated sea bass with tasers. You got my vote.......Lazy Fed for Prez.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

We need a President who he is going to be tough on illegal immigration. Forget Rudy and Romney. They're both pussies on illegal immigration. Mike Huckabee and/or Fred Thompson are looking better and better.

Thread Information