Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO

Paris Hilton Sues Over 'That's Hot' Card

The only thing I can say is that Paris Hilton NEEDS TO GET A FRIGGIN LIFE!!!

http://tv.msn.com/movies/article.asp...74787&GT1=7703

LOS ANGELES -- Paris Hilton is suing over the use of her picture and catchphrase "That's hot" on a greeting card. Hilton sued Hallmark Cards Inc. in U.S. District Court seeking an injunction and unspecified damages to be determined at trial.
    According to the lawsuit filed Thursday, the card is titled "Paris's First Day as a Waitress" and shows a photo of Hilton's face on a cartoon of a waitress serving a plate of food to a patron. In a dialogue bubble she says, "Don't touch that, it's hot." The customer cartoon asks, "What's hot?" She answers, "That's hot."
    The suit says Hilton owns the trademark "That's hot," which was registered on Feb. 13, 2007.
    Photos: Paris Hilton
    The lawsuit claims commercial appropriation of identity, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of publicity, false representation that Hilton endorses the product, and infringement of a federally registered trademark. The damages would be based on profits from the $2.49 cards, said Hilton attorney Brent Blakely.
    Hallmark defended the card as parody, which is normally protected under fair-use law.
    "Some of Hallmark's new humor greeting cards are parodies of today's most popular celebrities and politicians," said Hallmark spokeswoman Julie O'Dell in an e-mailed statement.
    "These cards take a satirical look at news and gossip surrounding these public figures, including Paris Hilton, and we do not believe Hallmark has violated any of Ms. Hilton's rights," she said.

Elle is offline Banned
    Some people will do anything for attention. Hallmark could of picked someone who's actually hot to put on their card as well.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm gonna trademark "That's retarded"

And then sell it to hallmark.

Along with a picture of Paris Hilton.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information