Welcome to the APBWeb.
    adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO

Racism in the criminal justice system? "Face the facts."

Destruction in black America is self-inflicted

By Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist | September 5, 2007

DEBATING capital punishment at an Ivy League university a few years ago, I was confronted with the claim that since death sentences are more often meted out in cases where the victim is white, the death penalty must be racially biased. It's a spurious argument, I replied. Whites commit fewer than half of all murders in the United States, yet more whites than blacks are sentenced to death and more whites than blacks are executed each year. If there is racial bias in the system, it clearly isn't in favor of whites.

But if you choose to focus on the race of victims, I added, remember that nearly all black homicide is intraracial - more than nine out of 10 black murder victims in the United States are killed by black murderers. So applying the death penalty in more cases where the victim is black would mean sending more black men to death row.

Full article: http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...elf_inflicted/

An absolutely amazing editorial on current society!! This should be front page. I read this op-ed shortly after my last posting -serendipity! You can share your thoughts directly to Jeff Jacoby - jacoby@globe.com
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

PeterJasonMN Guest
    And tomorrow's headline will read:

"Author Jeff Jacoby was taken from his home in the middle of the night last night by JJ/Al/NAACP/Etc for Sensitivity Re-education"

Thread Information