Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

One burger, hold the salt, it's for a cop.

Oversalted burger leads to charges

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070909/...d_salty_burger

Sun Sep 9, 2:02 PM ET

A McDonald's employee spent a night in jail and is facing criminal charges because a police officer's burger was too salty, so salty that he says it made him sick.
    Kendra Bull was arrested Friday, charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and freed on $1,000 bail.
    Bull, 20, said she accidentally spilled salt on hamburger meat and told her supervisor and a co-worker, who "tried to thump the salt off."
    On her break, she ate a burger made with the salty meat. "It didn't make me sick," Bull told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
    But then Police Officer Wendell Adams got a burger made with the oversalted meat, and he returned a short time later and told the manager it made him sick.
    Bull admitted spilling salt on the meat, and Adams took her outside and questioned her, she said.
    "If it was too salty, why did (Adams) not take one bite and throw it away?" said Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months. She said she didn't know a police officer got one of the salty burgers because she couldn't see the drive-through window from her work area.
    Police said samples of the burger were sent to the state crime lab for tests.
    City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

Bosco's Rant #91 "If you're food is too salty, don't eat it."
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    That may be a wee bit severe.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Point A - I'm curious what the crime lab will come back with.

Point B - "Thump the salt off"? What, you don't have a sink? Wash it off, good as new. Better even.

Point C - It could well be this story is legit. When you're one who suspects people are messing with your food the least bit of irregularity gets processed in the noodle as worst case.

I wonder how many gallons of spit I ingested in my childhood because my loving, but too trusting, mother often sent my food back to get it just right. Judging by tales of food service since, I'm guessing three, maybe four.

On the upside, I'm an efficient traveler now since gas station food doesn't scare me.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    That cop is a tool.

If the burger was salty enough to make him sick, why did he eat the whole thing?

I think he is looking for a lawsuit.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Bosco3379 is offline I'm the one in the middle
    One - Why would the officer eat it if it was too salty?

Two - Those McDonalds employees are retards. We would never serve food like that to anyone and just throw it out at my McDonalds.
    Former member of the LNC

Will take verbal abuse for spare change

Some Of My Wicked Awesome Signature Banners

Michelle is offline Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco3379 View Post

Two - Those McDonalds employees are retards. We would never serve food like that to anyone and just throw it out at my McDonalds.
    Maybe he was really hungry and thought it would taste better with the next bite...

I don't understand why she just didn't just throw it away and make a new one? Those patties can't cost what, 25 cents each at the most?

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco3379 View Post

No way - you'd just open the bun and pick off whatever the customer didn't want on it.

The officer couldn't have eaten the whole thing if there was enough left to be sent to a crime lab.

If the officer had high blood pressure and the burger had a lot of extra salt it's possible that he could have become sick. Or, if an employee used their hands to "thump" the salt off, there could have been contamination from that.

Thread Information